Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Info Seeker

Re: DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 41 of 47 (7,829 Views)

Not true again!!. I order and have ordered for 2 years from Optum Rx. mail-90-day-supplys and have got Brand Name Drugs. Lyrica for 1, Januvia for another. They are available from Optum Rx.I have gotten all orders in 7 Business days delivery.

Info Seeker

Message 42 of 47 (7,906 Views)

It's the difference between generics vs name brand mail-order vs corner pharmacy.  It's been that way with all the mail order pharmacy's that my med plan has said I can/must use.

I.E>  if you want/use generic's then you can mail order 90 days

but if you want name brand then you can't mail order but have to deal with

the 'corner' pharmacy of your choice with 30 day prescriptions

Joe F

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 47 (8,162 Views)

I have NOT had any problems with OptumRx with any of my prescriptions.

My prescriptions usually arrive withing a week of my placing the order.

My gripe with OptumRx is that they will only fill generic prescriptions and have no pricing and apparently will not fill name brand prescriptions even where no generics are available. 

Info Seeker

Message 44 of 47 (6,455 Views)

“My experiences with optumrx has been horrible! I could fill this box with paragraphs and paragraphs of my stories of terrible customer service from this company. I see from other posts i'm not alone! 

Can I get some feedback from others out there on Medicare, about a dependable mail order company that they have used that saves money compared with a local pharmacy.......Walgreens.....their prices would cost me over $600 a year above optum's prices.

Thanks, David

Info Seeker

Message 45 of 47 (6,428 Views)
My frustration was Optumrx seems to be shared by many. Their incompetence is apparent to everyone but AARP.
Info Seeker

DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 46 of 47 (5,861 Views)

A health insurance company that is associated with AARP is United Healthcare. United Healthcare has a MedicareRx Enhanced Plan. My wife and I both are members of this plan. One of the companies that United Healthcare MedicareRx Enhanced Plan recommends as a supplier is OPTUMRx. OPTUMRx one of those companies that fulfills your order by shipment, usually a 90 day supply.

I am using OPTUMRx as the filler of my prescriptions, at this moment in time, but I will not use them for refills. I plan using a local drug store to fill and refill my prescriptions. My prescriptions were filled by OPTUMRx after a little prompting from me. My impression when I placed my order was the clerk taking the order seemed dawdlingly.

Our physician called in an order, for my wife, into OPTUMRx on 23 January 2013. Today is 12 February 2013, seventeen days and the order has not reached our house.

So if anyone out there is planning to use OPTUMRx, DO NOT, unless you can be without your medication for an extended period of time.

Info Seeker

DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 46 of 47 (5,226 Views)

A health insurance company that is associated with AARP is United Healthcare. United Healthcare has a MedicareRx Enhanced Plan. My wife and I both are members of this plan. One of the companies that United Healthcare MedicareRx Enhanced Plan recommends as a supplier is OPTUMRx. OPTUMRx one of those companies that fulfills your order by shipment, usually a 90 day supply.

I am using OPTUMRx as the filler of my prescriptions, at this moment in time, but I will not use them for refills. I plan using a local drug store to fill and refill my prescriptions. My prescriptions were filled by OPTUMRx after a little prompting from me. My impression when I placed my order was the clerk taking the order seemed dawdlingly.

Our physician called in an order, for my wife, into OPTUMRx on 23 January 2013. Today is 12 February 2013, seventeen days and the order has not reached our house.

So if anyone out there is planning to use OPTUMRx, DO NOT, unless you can be without your medication for an extended period of time.