AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Info Seeker

Re: DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 11 of 31 (2,644 Views)

thank you.  This worked.  It is limited though.

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 31 (2,224 Views)

Tried it and it worked for me.  Looked like old site.  Interesting that we received a phone call last week telling us we had a prescription eligible for refill, a nice reminder until we could never access the site.  Thanks for the tip.

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 31 (1,933 Views)

I have found a different web site to log in from and it works for me - 

try :  wem.optumrx.com. Check it out.

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 31 (2,058 Views)

Their website has been down and inconvenient.  However, you are not required to get your prescriptions from them.  We get ours at a variety of places and not just through them.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 31 (1,410 Views)

cuse59 wrote:

Just called OptumRX and cust serve denied their site was down. She sent me to a supervisor who was not aware that it was down. She sent me to tech support. He acknowledged it has been down for over 2 weeks and that it was a know issue and they are working dilently to fix the issue. I said I will call my doctors and get scripts for a local pharmacy. He said I was REQUIRED to use the recommended pharmarcy which is OptumRX. I am at wits end and feel as if I am being held hostage here. It is just a vicious circle. Hands down the worse site ever. UHC and AARP should fix this issue or stop recommending OptumRX.

Are you talking about a Medicare Part D plan? Under any Medicare Part D drug plan I have ever heard of, there is no requirement to use a certain pharmacy. Most plans have different preferred pharmacies that offer better prices to people on that plan vs their using a different pharmacy. But you should be able to use the plan anywhere you want unless you don't care about the lowest price.  Let us know what you find out

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 31 (1,199 Views)

Just called OptumRX and cust serve denied their site was down. She sent me to a supervisor who was not aware that it was down. She sent me to tech support. He acknowledged it has been down for over 2 weeks and that it was a know issue and they are working dilently to fix the issue. I said I will call my doctors and get scripts for a local pharmacy. He said I was REQUIRED to use the recommended pharmarcy which is OptumRX. I am at wits end and feel as if I am being held hostage here. It is just a vicious circle. Hands down the worse site ever. UHC and AARP should fix this issue or stop recommending OptumRX.

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 31 (1,181 Views)

I have had multiple problems with OptumRX with them sending meds to the wrong address. Now their website has been down for 15 days and I can get no information. They locked out my account and I had to go to their tech support to get a new password. No one on the phone has any answers to the web shut down and there is no one to talk to about it. Beyond frustrating. I am going to transfer all of my scripts to a local pharmacy even if it costs me more money. As least they will be accessible. This is criminal that their website is down and they have no answers for clients.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 31 (3,641 Views)

Having used Optum for 6 months now I have had reliable service.  The even phone my Pulmonolgist to untangle a problem for me. I appreciate the mail service and 90 day supply.  So far, so good and I have saved money.  

Sorry to hear some people have had problems.

Bronze Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 19 of 31 (3,648 Views)

I think all of these Medicare Part D companies are awful  Symphonix (Optum Rx) dropped two of my medications from their "covered" list, which would have increased my costs TEN FOLD!  Naturally I dropped them and went with Magellan.  I don't expect anything in the way of customer service from any of these companies.

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 31 (4,192 Views)

I echo your sentiments. If they get your prescription into the system it is usually right but that's a big "if". I have only been on their plan since March of this year and so far they have processed two  prescriptions incorrectly and one was even shipped to me before I caught it. When a medication requires preauthorization even when approval for refills is clearly stated on the bottle, their system brings up the medication at retail price whether you do it online or by phone. The first time this happened I ended up contacting customer relations who resolved the problem and promised me going forward that there would be no more issues with this med. When I went to refill it recently, the exact same thing happened. I attempted to explain the situation I had been through previously with preauthorization to the telephone agent who promptly filled the wrong prescription. A few hours later I pulled up my pending order online and discovered they had filled the wrong script. All totaled I spent 2 hours talking to several different people about a problem that had supposedly been solved 3 months ago. Can you would imagine what woould happen to someone like my mother who does not have my medical background or knowledge of logistics? I have found the most effective was to get their attention is to post a comment on twitter using @optumrx. That said, I think AARP should drop their endorsement of this company. Can anyone suggest an alternative carrier?