Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Info Seeker

Re: DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 21 of 53 (2,292 Views)

I have had only positive experiences with filling my prescriptions through OptumRx.

Info Seeker

Message 22 of 53 (3,848 Views)

It is well worth a few extra bucks to fill prescriptions through my local pharmacy. OptumRx has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. The excuses are endless and blame is always placed on the doctor's office even though they produce proof of sending renewals. I don't know why UHC retains their services.

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 53 (4,065 Views)

I am having the same difficulties with them. Phoning and emails go unanswered for weeks or worst yet the people who answer are totally incompetent.

CB

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 24 of 53 (4,686 Views)

I've been trying to renew two prescriptions since July 1st with no success.  Web site has been down for two days.  CSRs on phone are totally incompetent.  I would never recommend OptumRx to anyone.  They are terrible.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH MEDICARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH OR DRUG PLAN

Message 25 of 53 (5,035 Views)
Info Seeker

Message 26 of 53 (4,995 Views)

I agree 100%. I can't stress enough that if you depend on prescription medications you may jeopardize your health and possibly your life by trying to get your medications through Optum. This is a factual  outline of what happened to me.

Summary of ever-changing excuses:

1. First I call to refill. Told be out in about a week.
  2. Call again when no medicine appears. This time told that insurance company had put a unknown hold on it, but will be expedited to me at MY EXTRA COST withing 3 business days.
  3. No medicine. I call again. This time the story is the pharmacist disagrees with the doctors dosage level; a dosage that I have been taking for more than ten years! 
  4. I call my doctor and we have a conference call with a Julie Song. She NOW claims that my refill was shipped to me back in May! She provides no tracking numbers and no proof!

Four different calls to get a refill and three completely different excuses why I wasn't getting it. Withdrawal from my medication is serious resulting in migraine headaches, vertigo, nauseau and irratibility just to name of few of the symptoms. 

Heaven forbid I needed a medication that missing a single dose would result in hospitalization or death.

Please do not use Optum RX. If you do I can't guarantee that you will even live to regret it.

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 53 (5,506 Views)

United only has one on line (Mail order) pharmacy.  They price drugs slightly less expensive on this sight however, I agree that they are not worth using.  My experiences are as follows:

They shipped the wrong drugs to my house and were fined by the state of California; They shipped drugs when I did not order them;  They are impossible to deal with on the phone.

You can calculate the yearly cost of your drugs on United website from multiple sources.  For me it is not worth the $100 that I would save per year with OptumRX. 

United should allow Sam's Club, Walmart, Costco to sell via mail order.  If they made this change OptumRX would lose a lot of business or change their way of doing business.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 53 (5,581 Views)

To be clear . . . .

United Health Group is made up of several businesses.

United Healthcare and OptumRx are some of these businesses.

"UnitedHealth Group offers a broad spectrum of products and services through two distinct platforms: Health Benefits and Health Services."

United Health Group - Businesses

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 53 (4,987 Views)

m462793c wrote:

"...Optum is a subsidiary of United....".

United what? It's part of United Health Group. I believe you're implying it's part of United Healthcare. Correct me if I'm wrong.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Info Seeker

Message 30 of 53 (5,062 Views)

Optum is a subsidiary of United.