Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Info Seeker

Re: Can I get AARP discounts at the YMCA?

Message 11 of 16 (1,081 Views)

Yes, I believe its the supplemental insurance. Not very expensive. Many programs sponsor Silver Sneakers. I am an instructor for this program at our Y. You can check any insurance also to see if they will honor them. Our list is growing every day. https://tools.silversneakers.com/Eligibility/CheckEligibility This link may assist some. Also the link to the AARP insurance that offers Silver Sneakers. https://www.aarpmedicaresupplement.com/medicare-insurance/medicare-information-guide  Hope that helps? Thank you!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 16 (397 Views)

sh505 wrote:

AARP sponsors Silver Sneakers and it's free to join with this card. Call the number, they will send a card and or you can print one. They will scan it at check in. You may have to provide more information if your not in their system. (A protection for all members) Many programs are also free with this card at the Y. Yoga, Silver Sneaker classes and ours hold monthly luncheons to give advice to the older society. Like scams, identity theft, burial plans, and much more.

Don't think Silver Sneakers is an AARP benefit - it maybe a benefit of some type of Medicare insurance that is offered through an affiliate of AARP.

If you find this benefit listed on AARP - please post a link.

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 16 (399 Views)

AARP sponsors Silver Sneakers and it's free to join with this card. Call the number, they will send a card and or you can print one. They will scan it at check in. You may have to provide more information if your not in their system. (A protection for all members) Many programs are also free with this card at the Y. Yoga, Silver Sneaker classes and ours hold monthly luncheons to give advice to the older society. Like scams, identity theft, burial plans, and much more.

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 16 (2,982 Views)

I was at the YMCA today and they told me no AARP discount for new memberships but they will honor those who are "grandfathered".  Not only can we not get a discount, but with United Healthcare Supplemental Insurance offered by AARP,  you cannot get a Silver Sneaker discount in NY...what's with that!  if AARP is so concerned supporting the aging population to continue to be active and healthy through their retirement, they should provide these discounts especially for those who cannot afford to pay for this very important activity.

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 16 (3,751 Views)

HA HA obviously not seen as this post is dated, has anyone found a use for this site other than to charge you $16 to buy insurance from one of their careers ? I didn't want some cheap duffle bag, i just wanted good serviceI  I did ask them to send me a bill, i wasnt about to give credit card info.. not even a slight chance of that.

Conversationalist

Can I get AARP discounts at the YMCA?

Message 16 of 16 (4,727 Views)

Can I get AARP discounts at the YMCA?  They won't give Senior discounts or low income discounts, unless you allow automatic withdrawals, which I won't do.  So I have to pay full price for gym membership.  Could flashing an AARP card help me?