The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone living in Virginia currently receiving Medicare and Medicaid due to Disability or other r

Message 1 of 3 (320 Views)

And to answer your other question, yes that is happening in other states. It is planned to start soon (may have been in the budget just approved) in Massachusetts. Up until now, it has been optional.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Anyone living in Virginia currently receiving Medicare and Medicaid due to Disability or other r

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 3 (380 Views)

I don't live in Virginia but a web search of Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC Plus) says that this is Virginia's New Medicaid Program. (Look like it begins in August 2017 - by area, Tidewater seems to be 1st).    Per the info from the state, if you are eligible, yes, you do have to enroll.  Eligibility is described in the info - sounds like you are eligible.

Here is a flyer (2-pages) put out by the Virginia state government ( Dept of Medical Assistance) about it.  There is also contact info on it.  It is very detailed.

Virginia Dept of Medical Assistance: MEDICAID Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus

There is also a website about the program and there is also contact info at the top of the page.

CCCPlus Virginia

Both of these pieces of info are pretty detailed in who is eligible and who and what  will be covered and this seems more like a coordination effort of the program but you will have to see how your Medicare benefits work into the picture - since Medicaid is your secondary (health) coverage but Medicaid also covers other things that Medicare does not cover.

Each state manages their own Medicaid programs the way they find it best.

Good Luck ~

Info Seeker

Anyone living in Virginia currently receiving Medicare and Medicaid due to Disability or other reaso

Message 3 of 3 (394 Views)

Hello, 

Was wondering if anyone living in Virginia who has Medicare and Medicaid insurance, has anyone received a letter from The Department of Medical Assistance Services stating that you will soon be inrolled in CCC Plus, Virginia Medicaid;s new REQUIRED managed care program? With NO option to opt out?  My Current PPO is and AARP Walgreens RX plan sponsored by United HealthCare Insurance Company.  However, I am to be enrolled in a Managed Care Organization, a CCC Plus Medicaid health plan  , Virgiinia Premier Health Plan to begin in August.  

Is this happening in other states? Where your chioice has been taken away without any prior notification from Social Services nor from my States Governor, nor City Mayor, nor anyone.  

Curious to know if this is happening in other States.