Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Info Seeker

AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.

Message 31 of 32 (8,094 Views)
I signed up for the AARP Medicare RX program last year in 2012 with my local pharmacy. No problem with this until I received a email about the Mail Order option for a 3 month supply of my prescriptions. I checked into this program which is with a company called OptumRx located in California. It took me several weeks using the internat connection for OptumRx to sign up but I eventually signed up and then ordered my prescriptions. At the time I signed up I was already in the donut hole so I did not receive any major discounts. The next refill that I sent in took a very long time to complete since the OptumRX web site was extremely slow and crashed a lot. That was back inOctober of 2012.
I stayed with the same Medicare RX program with AARP and in January of 2013 I tried to place an order for my refills. I expected that after 3 months of operation the OptumRX web site would have been improved and would work better. My suprise is that the OptumRX web site was now considerable worse than I had experienced before.
The web site is so slow and again crashes constantly so that after 3 hours of trying I just quit and placed my refills with my local drug store.
Why AARP and United Health would allow such a bad company to handle there mail orders for Medicare RX is just a major failure of customer satisfaction and good will.
If you want decent mail order service don't sign up with OptumRX. If you do you will be sorry.
Info Seeker

AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.

Message 31 of 32 (8,098 Views)
I signed up for the AARP Medicare RX program last year in 2012 with my local pharmacy. No problem with this until I received a email about the Mail Order option for a 3 month supply of my prescriptions. I checked into this program which is with a company called OptumRx located in California. It took me several weeks using the internat connection for OptumRx to sign up but I eventually signed up and then ordered my prescriptions. At the time I signed up I was already in the donut hole so I did not receive any major discounts. The next refill that I sent in took a very long time to complete since the OptumRX web site was extremely slow and crashed a lot. That was back inOctober of 2012.
I stayed with the same Medicare RX program with AARP and in January of 2013 I tried to place an order for my refills. I expected that after 3 months of operation the OptumRX web site would have been improved and would work better. My suprise is that the OptumRX web site was now considerable worse than I had experienced before.
The web site is so slow and again crashes constantly so that after 3 hours of trying I just quit and placed my refills with my local drug store.
Why AARP and United Health would allow such a bad company to handle there mail orders for Medicare RX is just a major failure of customer satisfaction and good will.
If you want decent mail order service don't sign up with OptumRX. If you do you will be sorry.