Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Info Seeker

Re: AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.

Message 21 of 32 (4,498 Views)
I, too, have had major issues with Optumrx. My prescriptions should get the "real time" attention that I could get from Amazon or Netflix. United Health Care should be on top of this problem.
Conversationalist

Re: I can top all of the above

Message 22 of 32 (4,498 Views)
Been using OptumRx ....they can not get it right! Called them last week to make sure they had all of our info updated as we recently relocated and changed from a regular part d pan to a medicare complete plan.....well after we updated info for the 2nd time I was assured everything was good to go......today I to one of two scripts.no explanation as to where or why the 2nd was missing and I got
A letter addressed to me telling me I was D E A D !!!
Yes....a letter to me expressing their condolences upon my death......wanting to know on what date I died.....
Tomorrow will be a very busy phone day !!!!!!!!
Conversationalist

Message 23 of 32 (8,596 Views)
I can top all of the above posts!
Had nothing but problems since they changed from prescription solutions to OptumRx. Decided to give them one more shot, you know 3 strikes and you are out! Called them on 2/20 to make sure our info was up to date as we moved to a different state, had new address&phone. Today I received 1 of the 2 scripts, no reason as to why the 2nd was not sent......BUT more importantly, received a letter expressing condolences to my estate on my death!!! YES, the letter was addresses to me telling me I was DEAD!!
Tomorrow will be a very busy phone day!
Info Seeker

Let me join the chorus

Message 24 of 32 (8,596 Views)
I became Medicare elegible last December and placed my first orders with OptumRX.  They could not have been harder to deal with.  Orders were taking weeks to get filled, the amounts billed to my credit card did not match the invoices that came with my orders, their call center employees ranged from sincere and not helpful to just plain awful and worse than not helpful.

They finally managed to get three orders to me, which covered most of my medications, and I will likely use them in the future for refills.  But any new prescriptions I get will go to a local retail pharmacy.

They are a terrible company and their direct connection with AARP should be an embarassment to the organization.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 25 of 32 (8,552 Views)
In Response to AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.:  The easiest way to rectify that situation, is to call directly to the Pharmacy dpeartment , and the number should be on the back of your card.
Conversationalist

Message 26 of 32 (8,115 Views)
I highly receommend that you check out www.redemedllc.com to see how they can help you obtain your prescritption drugs in almost all cases for only $45.00 per month for ALL of you medications.  We used this service for a family friend and it has been a financial lifesaver.   You can also call them at 888-963-9605. 
Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke - So is Humana's Right Source Mail Order

Message 27 of 32 (8,115 Views)
Let me add Humana Enhanced Part D plan's Right Source mail order pharmacy. It takes weeks before they can even acknowledge receiving the scripts let alone fill them. I am going to have to spend hundreds of $ more each year to get my medicine at a local pharmacy. I chose this plan because it was the only one that covered my brand name blood pressure medicine but dealing with them makes me so furious it probably cancels out the medication!!!
Info Seeker

Message 28 of 32 (8,115 Views)
In Response to AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.:

I did the same. It took many months to finaly get it it place. The doctor called in my prescriptions so they would be ready to order when my drug store Rxs ran out, instead, they just ordered everything that insurance would approve. In looking at the formulary, I saw no difference in the pricing, which was supposed to provide a substantial discount, and one medication that went from Tier 2 to Tier 3, increasing the cost by 600%, thereby disallowing the purchase as far beyond my Rx budget (but this is another issue for a different forum). Bottom line is I cancelled the entire order, while I decide WHY I should use them at all. Like United Health Care, I assume that OptumRx is 'in bed' with AARP, but to no advanatge to the member. I cannot comment on the timelines of the delivery, but it is a concern, so I must take JohnC's post to heart, before considering it. So I concur with him.... use CAUTION, before signing up with these people! 
Doug

I signed up for the AARP Medicare RX program last year in 2012 with my local pharmacy. No problem with this until I received a email about the Mail Order option for a 3 month supply of my prescriptions. I checked into this program which is with a company called OptumRx located in California. It took me several weeks using the internal connection for OptumRx to sign up but I eventually signed up and then ordered my prescriptions. At the time I signed up I was already in the donut hole so I did not receive any major discounts. The next refill that I sent in took a very long time to complete since the OptumRX web site was extremely slow and crashed a lot. That was back inOctober of 2012. I stayed with the same Medicare RX program with AARP and in January of 2013 I tried to place an order for my refills. I expected that after 3 months of operation the OptumRX web site would have been improved and would work better. My suprise is that the OptumRX web site was now considerable worse than I had experienced before. The web site is so slow and again crashes constantly so that after 3 hours of trying I just quit and placed my refills with my local drug store. Why AARP and United Health would allow such a bad company to handle there mail orders for Medicare RX is just a major failure of customer satisfaction and good will. If you want decent mail order service don't sign up with OptumRX. If you do you will be sorry.
Posted by JohnpCrane

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 32 (8,115 Views)
Right on with these posts.  Had a horrible time with customer service in December, as my prescriptions were lost and could not get a replacement.  Contacted Medicare and they got them moving, but way too much time was spent.  I will not reorder from them again.  Also you cannot get a price on drugs on line, what is up with that.  AARP should get on this problem.
Info Seeker

Message 30 of 32 (8,115 Views)

Too late John, we have already signed my wife up. We sent OptumRX her persctiptions on 12/17, called 12/22 and was told that they would go into a dead file and never looked at, because they were sent toosoon. On 12/27 we had the DR resend them. on 12/28 we called OptumRX to see if every thing was ok and give them our credit card number and  check when they would ship and was told they would ship on 1/1 or1/2. At this time they had all 6 perscriptions. On 1/2 we called and was told that they only had 2 scripts. we went back to the Doctor and had them send the other 4. Later in the day we called to see if thad them and they did. On 1/3 we called to see when they would ship and was told that one of the meds was out of stock and it may be 30 days before they got it in. On 1/3 we called to see if they had shipped the others and was told that another med was out of stock and it may be March before it will be in. Their suggestion was try to get it at a Retail pharmicy and just lose the mail order discount. We called AARP rx customer service and was told the same thing. I am going to call Medicare and see if I can change plans without a penalty. If so I would suggest all AARP members do the same, with the RX plan and the AARP membership.