Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Info Seeker

Re: AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.

Message 11 of 32 (7,975 Views)

WOW,  LOOKING FOR  INFORMATION ON MAIL ORDER DRUGS AND READ ALL OF THESE POSTS .   MY HUSBAND

AND i ARE SOON GOING TO NEED DRUGS DELIVERED DUE TO HEALTH PROBLEMS.  OPTUMRX  SOUNDS VERY

UNPROFESSIONAL, DISORGANIZED,  NOT DEPENDABLE, AND INCONSISTENT.     IF I CANNOT DEPEND ON MY 

DRUGS TO BE DELIVERED CONSISTENTLY AND IN A TIMELY MANNER  ( 7-10 DAYS SOUNDS UNREASONABLE )  --

I HOPE THAT THEIR  DRUG DISPENSING PROCEDURES ARE BETTER .

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 32 (7,963 Views)
I have had the worst experiences with Optumrx RX - This company is a JOKE - worst customer service, website is always down or crashing. I have been double billed on two different occasions. I can't believe that AARP recommends using this company to fill mail order prescriptions. I finally gave up dealing with them. I called one of their representatives to express my dissatifaction and he acted like he just didn't care.  I went back to using my local Walmart Pharmacy and I have never had a problem with Walmart Pharmancy. 
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 32 (8,399 Views)
My BC/BS plan uses Express Scripts. We've never had a problem. Mail order prescription are usually in my hands less than a week after the order is placed. i get a reminder about a month before refill time, also.  
Info Seeker

Message 14 of 32 (8,379 Views)
Sorry to report that OptumRx hasn't improved that much in a year. It's very inconsistant. Some times I can receive a medication in 4 days of my doctor faxing the perscription. Other times (like today) it's been seven days sinse the fax and I don't even see the the order has been placed. Id there any cost effective altermative?
Info Seeker

Message 15 of 32 (8,172 Views)
I want to add my 2 cents worth but I'm a group member of a corporate account whose company changed our mail order 'scripts from Medco to OptumRx.   What a mistake and as a previous poster stated, "OptumRx is a joke".   I've had similar problems where they could not locate all of my husband's prescriptions when it was transferred nor mine, although it's probably not exactly an easy transition for thousands of people in a company.   In any case, I had to call and I was tossed around  a couple times before getting to the right person who knew what to do.   Then they called me a few days later and we went thru the exercise again, OMG, what is wrong w/these people, get your act together!    Then another screwup on the 2nd set of refills for same drug, they only send one packet for 30 days instead of for 90 days-isn't the at the purpose of mail order 'script company,  

Now I receive a statement for a balance and I attempt to navigate their website to see how I can pay online but I guess they don't want my money because there is no way to pay!   OptumRx is disorganized all around, OMG!  How can one run a company in such a manner?! 
Info Seeker

Message 16 of 32 (4,509 Views)

Both AARP Medicare RX and Optum are terrible. I am just ending my first year with them and definitely plan to change. They commit to nothing other than collecting premiums.  I was told by AARP RX that they change prices and tiers 'at will' therefore I never know what generic drug costs are until I am asked for payment.  In February 2013 I paid $3.30 for 14 pills of a generic antibiotic that has been around for decades.   In early August I was charged $45.00 for 20 pills of the same drug because the Tier had been changed. An older, established generic drug has moved from Tier 1 to Tier 3, ridiculous!  Come October 15th, I am kicking both of them to the curb. They should be shut down for fraud.

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 32 (4,509 Views)
This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life.  The customer service reps are not trained and everyone II  have spoke too doesn't understand  how important obtaining prescription medications are for people.  They have lost my orders, claimed to have called me ( I never heard from them ) one customer service rep said my credit card was declined. It is a active card that I use all of the time and it never has been declined.  Rather than contacting me they left my order in limbo until after I contacted them by phone.  Their  website is a nightmare - crashes all of the time. The workers I have dealt with just don't seem to care.  Personally I'm going back to my local Walmart pharmacy.
Info Seeker

Message 18 of 32 (4,509 Views)
Optumrx is a joke...
Info Seeker

Message 19 of 32 (4,506 Views)
OptumRx is nothing but a sweatshop run by crooks and liars. I wouldn't trust them to fill a glass with water; I certainly don't trust them to fill my prescriptions. Go here to read some complaints:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/rx/prescription_solutions.html?page=5 

Whose palms got greased at AARP when they chose OptumRx as a prescription "provider"? 
Conversationalist

Optimrx ..unbelievable that AARP/ united health uses them

Message 20 of 32 (4,506 Views)
Last week they had me DEAD.....got that straightene out.....AARP, optimrx and I are on the same page and agree that i am not DEAD!
so today still trying to see where my prescription is. Reordered two, got one, the other is on "hold" find out they need an address verification! Keep in mind, the already sent mr one of the two scripts that were refilled....go figure. People, when you get your prescriptions from these jerks, BE SURE to count your pills! They short count all the time...bottle may say 90 but you ay get 86 or 83 and when you finally notice you were shorted,the blame it you the consumer, loosing, dropping or taking extra pills! We all need to get this optimrx off the provider list.....they don't ave a clue!