AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Conversationalist

Re: Some Real World Dating Advice for Men Over 50 an update

Message 1 of 20

As you are AARP, I will make the leap that you are over 50, dangerous I know. That being the case, there is Match, Our Time, and Senior Match to name a few. We met using Match and Our Time. The truth is, they are all about the same as it takes you effort to be successful.

Webster Russell
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: Some Real World Dating Advice for Men Over 50

Message 2 of 20
Can anyone tell me a good dating site?
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 20
Good for you, whic online site was that?
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 20

very happy for you guys.  I felt so happy reading your story.  Continue being happy

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 20
Congratulations Russell & Company. May God bless u guys!
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 20
Lots of good advice and so true. thanks, Janetta
Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 20
I know plenty of ladies but I'm just not interested in dating. I'm the George Costanza, "It's not you, it's me." I value female friendship but anything beyond leads to too many complications. Been there, done that.
Conversationalist

Message 8 of 20

OMG!!!  Loved this, especially the line of smelling BS.  The last one really hit home.  As someone who has been doing the online dating thing for the past 16mon since my hubby of 20+yrs and I separated. Good grief!  The number of men online that are so afraid of taking a step of any kind to meet someone they may actually like is absolutely astounding!

If I were going to add anything to this it would be "don't wait for someone else to make the first step.  If you are interested in getting to know someone better and want to meet them, ask for a date.  If you don't, someone else will."  PERIOD!!!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 20

We know a retired couple who met on the internet. They chatted for a year, then moved in together and are in a state of bliss over a year later. The thing is, when he told me how he met her, he was immediately apologetic, as if expecting me to scold him. Instead I told him I was absolutely thrilled for them and beyond happy they had found one another. 

I've no idea how they have worked out the financial, property and adult children issues, for frankly, that's none of my business.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 20

"...There is little doubt that we are biased. Had it not been for the internet we would never had met and our futures would have changed from extremely happy to who knows what....".

There is absolutely nothing wrong with meeting on the internet.  You should have a positive bias for it. The issues arise when people think they are having a 'relationship' by texting one another, or thinking they are having a 'conversation' via email. 

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.