Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Does Age Really Matter?

Message 1 of 224 (770 Views)
I would love to see ALL women (and I am a woman, too) STOP saying "I don't look or feel my age but....".
What does a certain "age" "look like" ladies??? We are not our bodies and our bodies are not us. We are spiritual beings in physical bodies here in Earth. Our spirit is eternal...our bodies return to earth once our spirit leaves the body (the "physical house" we live in). Just do you...be you...own you! Stop putting yourselves in a certain box so as to 'fit in' with society "norms". Dare to LIVE OUTSIDE THE BOX! Take care of yourself and the "human house" you dwell in while living in Earth, but do not confuse the two. Smiley Happy
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 2 of 224 (770 Views)
I agree. Smiley Happy
Bronze Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 224 (773 Views)

I would love to see ALL women (and I am a woman, too) STOP saying "I don't look or feel my age but....".
What does a certain "age" "look like" ladies??? We are not our bodies and our bodies are not us. We are spiritual beings in physical bodies here in Earth. Our spirit is eternal...our bodies return to earth once our spirit leaves the body (the "physical house" we live in). Just do you...be you...own you! Stop putting yourselves in a certain box so as to 'fit in' with society "norms". Dare to LIVE OUTSIDE THE BOX! Take care of yourself and the "human house" you dwell in while living in Earth, but do not confuse the two. Smiley Happy

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 224 (786 Views)
Same here. I'm 60, he's 40, been together for 20 years. As more younger males consider older women, they will be just as your husband. You said it best: "He would hate having a clingy, younger wife who wanted attention every minute of the day. We do what we want when we want! It works! Give yourselves more credit!"
~Sharon~
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 224 (1,884 Views)

I'm 55 and I've been told I look 40.  I really appreciate your story.  I don't feel my age but sometimes I do feel alone.  I been divorced for almost 2 years...

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 224 (1,894 Views)

Do you think medical problems only affect the older partner?  You're painting a generation of peole with a very broad brush stroke. Why is it that women are their own worst enemy when it comes to age?  Men have been marrying younger women for ages, and expecting them to deal with all their issues of age!  Wake up women, this is a new age, and it's our turn to be in charge. My wonderful hubby is 19 years younger than me, and we've never regretted a minute of it. He would hate having a clingy, younger wife who wanted attention every minute of the day. We do what we want when we want!  It works!  Give yourselves more credit!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 7 of 224 (1,926 Views)

After you're both 40 and over (or about to go over 40) and you've both experienced life, marriage, children, possibly a few grandchildren or more...AGE does not matter at that point whether the man or the woman is the older or younger of the two. Age ONLY matters with the very young adults who have no life experience as yet. They need time to explore their options, college, post college, employment...you know...get their feet wet in life. I've married one a few years older when I was too young to know better...that marriage lasted 18 years. We had 3 children. My second marriage the man was 12 yrs younger and that marriage lasted 15 years. We both had prior marriages, children, and so I enjoyed my second marriage more than the first. He was a good man to our kids and grandkids (his kids/my kids...grands). Now at 65, I'm told I look 45 to 50...I have a male friend younger than me and we get along great. I'd love to marry again, and yes, he can be younger than myself as long as he has already experienced marriage, children, and possibly had grandchildren. LIFE EXPERIENCE combined with being 40 and older are my requirements. Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 224 (2,972 Views)

I have to agree with the other person who replied. If you're happy, who give a **bleep** what anyone else thinks?  Enjoy your togetherness in the open!  Don't let others dictate your happiness. This is becoming more and more accepted in society.  

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 224 (2,985 Views)

Silly comment, considering women have been taking care of their older husbands since time began!  Why do people think it's so unusual for that to be reversed?

my husband is 20 years younger than me, and we've been married for 19 years this coming June.  It's been our own little piece of heaven. Don't criticize what you don't know. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 10 of 224 (6,835 Views)
It is easy to work out while young but that person will become old while you are in your prime. Things like likes and dislikes will change. Then there could be major health problems, are will you be ready and willing to be nurse maid? You may end up doing all the driving, heavy lifting, and yard work. Think hard and long before you leap.