Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Your Christmas Wish?

Message 11 of 21

ak36349276 wrote:

I wish my dearest friend stop giving me the worst Christmas present ever never ever give anyone body wash and lotions . I just open up my present I'm great for my present I expect it.Never ever give anyone gift like that . That's telling people they smell bad and that's the people that they had dry skin . Nobody need to remind that their skin is dry . Thank God gift cards

Perhaps your friend likes the fragrance snd thinks it would be nice on you 😀Merry Christmas 🎄 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Silver Conversationalist

Message 12 of 21

I wish my dearest friend stop giving me the worst Christmas present ever never ever give anyone body wash and lotions . I just open up my present I'm great for my present I expect it.Never ever give anyone gift like that . That's telling people they smell bad and that's the people that they had dry skin . Nobody need to remind that their skin is dry . Thank God gift cards

Silver Conversationalist

Message 13 of 21
I know how you feel my mom die 10/21/84. I was 21 and my father die 12/28/03 I was 39 and now my greatnephew got kill he was stab 16 times 10/2/17 he was 27 year old marry and six children .a jealous ex girlfriend kill my greatnephew . I'll forgive her my a Lutheran .
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 21

Political leaders who help those who need the help, as opposed to those who want the help. Seems that those who want the help are already capable of taking care of themselves. There are too many people out there that make an honest effort to help themselves, but they could use a little boost; sometimes you feel penalized for trying to pay your own way. There are too many people who are too wealthy to get help, but are not wealthy enough to do it all themselves; there should be a reward for trying.

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 21

I wish I could see my parents again even if for just one day. 

Message 16 of 21

nyadrn wrote:

Boy if you could design one you would make a fortune.  As you know I went and looked at the places on my list in order to really see how things were and even then it is difficult.  Sigh. 

Look at this

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-websites-that-will-help-you-find-the-best-places-to-live/

These are a handful of the websites I've been using:

Income, Sales, Property & Estate Tax Rates: http://www.tax-rates.org/taxtables/sales-tax-by-state

Climate & Weather data: www.Intellicast.com

Hospitals & their ratings: https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area

Census data by state, county & Municipality: https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/community_facts.xhtml?src=bkmk#

Cost of Living, Crime, & other Useful data (enter location in upper right): http://www.bestplaces.net/cost_of_living/county/new_jersey/monmouth

Walkability: www.WalkScore.com

You can also use various map programs like Google Maps, that allow you to identify an area, then look for something specific nearby .. like "Supermarket".

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 17 of 21

NerdyMom wrote:

I want my husband to recover fully from his injury. 

I want people to stop hurting each other.   Violence is for people who can't use their words.  Smiley Wink 

And I've done so much stress shopping recently, for new kitchen items like a Boos cutting board, and Christmas decorations, that I don't really need any more material items for awhile.   Smiley Very Happy

Best wishes for his full recovery!

Message 18 of 21

ASTRAEA wrote:

Good discussion topic!

Well, I'm planning to get a new car this spring, and all I could "wish for," is that Toyota changes its option packages, and lets you get a dynamic navigation system with their 4-cylinder 2018 Camrys!

But the real thing I wish for (may seem superficial), is a really comprehensive online search engine, for good retirement locations! Most search engines & articles don't include smaller towns (although all those stats are available from the Census & other sources), and focus on 1 or 2 criteria .. while including locations that have major drawbacks. So they'll include a town that's walkable, but has terrible winter weather that a senior would find dangerous for walking, or "walkable towns" with high crime rates. Or a great walkable town, that's prohibitively expensive. I wish all that information could be found in one user-friendly website!

Boy if you could design one you would make a fortune.  As you know I went and looked at the places on my list in order to really see how things were and even then it is difficult.  Sigh. 

Look at this

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-websites-that-will-help-you-find-the-best-places-to-live/

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 21

I want my husband to recover fully from his injury. 

I want people to stop hurting each other.   Violence is for people who can't use their words.  Smiley Wink 

And I've done so much stress shopping recently, for new kitchen items like a Boos cutting board, and Christmas decorations, that I don't really need any more material items for awhile.   Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 21

Good discussion topic!

Well, I'm planning to get a new car this spring, and all I could "wish for," is that Toyota changes its option packages, and lets you get a dynamic navigation system with their 4-cylinder 2018 Camrys!

But the real thing I wish for (may seem superficial), is a really comprehensive online search engine, for good retirement locations! Most search engines & articles don't include smaller towns (although all those stats are available from the Census & other sources), and focus on 1 or 2 criteria .. while including locations that have major drawbacks. So they'll include a town that's walkable, but has terrible winter weather that a senior would find dangerous for walking, or "walkable towns" with high crime rates. Or a great walkable town, that's prohibitively expensive. I wish all that information could be found in one user-friendly website!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!