Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions/memories?

Message 1 of 7 (200 Views)

s166280s wrote:

I love spending the day with our family.  I sure miss my Mom's Thanksgiving Feast!!  >>

One thing for sure in this day and age people have to usually work, both parents just to survive.  We will just have to have them over another day to make more memories.  It definitely doesn't have to just be about the Holidays.  Many to be made thru the year.

@s166280s  Thank you for your lovely story.  Sounds like you have a lovely close family.  You are very fortunate.  Would it be possible for you to bring the dinner to your daughter' home?  If no as you said you can celebrate at a later date. 

I understand your feelings. I will never forget all of the holiday meals we shared with my mom and dad and siblings. Those memories are priceless to all of us since we have lost both my mom and dad.  Thank you for sharing!❤️

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 7 (202 Views)

NerdyMom wrote:

I don't have a pic or I'd post one.  But each year, I host Thanksgiving.   And we make a garland out of that silk-like ribbon and foam fall leaves (from Michaels).  I add a leaf for each person attending, and then we each write on a leaf with marker what we are grateful for.   

So anyway, now I have this super long garland making loops around the dining room walls each year.......   Smiley Very Happy   

But people like it, and it reminds us what's good about life.   

@NerdyMom  Wow that sounds lovely!!   Maybe you could take s picture this year 😊

How how did you think of the idea?

Conversationalist

Message 3 of 7 (213 Views)

I love spending the day with our family.  I sure miss my Mom's Thanksgiving Feast!!  But the great thing is, her Cornbread Stuffing recipe was handed down to me, Now I cooked for everyone for a very long time, then around 4 years ago guess what I did..YEP handed it right down to my sweet daughter.  I told her that it is now her turn to prepare everything and we would pay for everything!!  Everyone comes together to share a meal and then we take turns saying what we are thankful for.  Making those memories with our family is so important to us all.  3 years ago we had a bad shooting at our Community College.  My grandkids were friends with one of the guys that helped others out.  So there was plenty of news being tossed around.  My dear sweet granddaughter made a THANKFUL TREE!!  We all posted what we were Thankful for.  She is now 12YO and still writes us notes saying she will always take care of us not to worry she says.  This year we decided that with work schedules as they are, we would not go to our daughter's place.  We will be going to a restaurant for our day.  Now that it has changed so much I am a little sad, we won't  have our day with our grandkids this year.  One thing for sure in this day and age people have to usually work, both parents just to survive.  We will just have to have them over another day to make more memories.  It definitely doesn't have to just be about the Holidays.  Many to be made thru the year.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 7 (218 Views)

I don't have a pic or I'd post one.  But each year, I host Thanksgiving.   And we make a garland out of that silk-like ribbon and foam fall leaves (from Michaels).  I add a leaf for each person attending, and then we each write on a leaf with marker what we are grateful for.   

So anyway, now I have this super long garland making loops around the dining room walls each year.......   Smiley Very Happy   

But people like it, and it reminds us what's good about life.   

Message 5 of 7 (237 Views)

From Food and Wine

http://www.foodandwine.com/holidays-events/thanksgiving/common-thanksgiving-mistakes-and-how-avoid-t...

HOLIDAYS + EVENTS
Common Thanksgiving Mistakes and How To Avoid Them

Executing a flawless Thanksgiving dinner takes practice and here at Food & Wine, we’ve cooked a lot of Thanksgiving meals. Your turkey is always dry? Easy fix. Your pie crust tastes like a bland cracker? We’ve got you covered. We’ve made, and learned from, all of these mistakes so you don’t have to. Here, simple tips and solutions for a seamless, and show-stopping, holiday feast. — Julia Heffelfinger

Message 6 of 7 (246 Views)

From the history channel:

"Every year on the fourth Thursday in November, Americans gather for a day of feasting football and family"

There are several videos on the history of Thanksgiving.  

http://www.history.com/topics/thanksgiving

What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions/memories?

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 7 (252 Views)

Thanksgiving will be here before we know it.  

What are are your favorite traditions and memories?

IMG_0825.JPG