Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Conversationalist

Re: Wearing jeans @ the age of 80?

Message 21 of 84

Is 80 too old for blue jeans?

Robert Redford is 81. Any more questions?

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 22 of 84

PH8322

I buy LEVI'S MIDRISE SKINNY JEANS for $19.00 at YEP you guessed it WALMART.  They are the best, just enough SPANDEX to keep them feeling just right.  I love them because they remind me of my past teen years. Back then it was 501's.  Wearing them until I die.  LOL  Sure hope I have a very long time!!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 23 of 84

We have the right to wear whatever we want too.  If we are young or old!! Definitely an 80YO can do whatever They want to.  And thumb their noses at whomever they want!!  People should live and let live!! I am 61 and I will be wearing jeans until the day I meet my maker!!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 24 of 84

What?! 80 is the new 60!!

Wear what you feel good in.

I'm sorta stuck on yoga pants - I'm sure there's a lot of critcism for that, but I'm comfy in them! 

Info Seeker

Re: Wearing jeans @ the age of 63

Message 25 of 84

I wear jeans everyday unless something special is going on, then it's a dress 

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 84

nyadrn wrote:

The most important thing isn't what you choose to wear but that you get to make the choice at whatever age you are!!!

Isn't THAT the truth!!! Unfortunately, many people don't have any choice!

Tom

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 84

It must be OK because I'm 80 and I wear jeans all the time!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 84

ojm37a wrote:

Isn't that kind of an age-ist question?

I thought it was more of a "trying-to-cope-ist" question. More from the "being seen" perspective than the "should I have to look at that" perspective. Either way, when in doubt, talk it out.

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 84

When I was much younger I would have said 80 was too old to wear jeans. Now at 72 I'm wearing jeans. The older I get the more I realize that the most important thing is COMFORT. 

I feel we have earned that right and can wear whatever we feel comfortable in. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 30 of 84

I intend to wear jeans at age 80.  I suspect my husband will, too, as he is a Levi's kind of guy.   Jeans were initially created for their durability for gold miners back in the day, so wear them if you like wearing them.   My grandpa was almost 95 when he passed away & he wore jeans.  He chose a style that suited him, but they were denim.   I saw an older man the other day dressed in very nice jeans, cashmere sweater & nice leather shoes & he looked very stylish.