Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Wearing jeans @ the age of 80?

Message 11 of 84

To everyone here who refuses to be told what to wear, how to wear your hair, how to think or how to be the best you: you are my heros! Absolute heros! Heart

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: Wearing jeans @ the age of 60?

Message 12 of 84

Cat Wink yes I love my bell bottom jeans. I used to wear Shrink to Fit 501 Levi's button fly but as I got older I switched to stretch denims and no buttons, too hard to use my fingers now. Anyone else have that problem? Oh well! There's nothing wrong with wearing jeans, as long as they fit and no muffin-topping bulge showing. Fit is the key to wearing jeans, no matter your age! So girls and guys, Wear Those Jeans!!!! Whatever makes you happy and looking good★

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 84

I'm 71 and I just bought three pair from JCPenney. They're stretch, and the most comfortable I've ever had.

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 84

Why not?  I'm not there yet have been wearing jeans since my late teens (they weren't allowd in high school!) and figure I'll always wear them.  Sure, there are times when they are not appropriate but they're my best choice in between sweats & dress!

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 84

People in general are judgemental what u drive where u live etc.etc. so dress how u want always smile laugh and keep that sense of humor will get u farther than those old blue jeans I like 

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 84

Why not?  I think that everyone should wear whatever feels comfortable.  I personally wouldn't try to dress like a teenager, but I feel like I have been on this Earth long enough to be able to decide what I want to wear.   By the time you are 80 I think you should be able to wear whatever you please as long as everything that should be covered is covered.  

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 84

I'm 78 and have been wearing jeans since I was a teenager, although in those days, back in Boston, we called them "dungarees".  Whatever they're called, I like them.  I wouldn't wear them to a wedding, or even to work in an officebut around town to grocery shop, go to the library, and other places, I feel that clean, well maintained jeans are appropriate.  I think my goats and chickens would laugh if I went down to the barnyard to feed them and clean their houses wearing a dress and high heels!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 84

mr89321434 wrote:

Why would anybody care?   The 80 year old won’t for sure!  People of all ages should mind their own business.  Period.

I tried doing that many times. But, I just kept running into other people despite my efforts.

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 84

Why would anybody care?   The 80 year old won’t for sure!  People of all ages should mind their own business.  Period.

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 84

I hope I'm never too old for blue jeans, or sneakers, or baseball hats or anything else that I want to wear.  Right now I'm loving Moto jackets -- I get lots of looks and probably lots of shaking heads when I wear my black leather with embroidery.