Know Someone Over 50 Making a Difference? Nominate Them for the AARP Purpose Prize

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Wearing jeans @ the age of 80?

Message 1 of 84
@397840k I agree with you about the jeans with the holes. It's a real "rip-off" (pun intended!). Whenever manufacturers come up with a new style, some people rush to buy whatever it is and whatever it looks like, just to be "in style". I think the manufacturers are laughing as they deposit their money into their bank account while wondering what to pull next on gullible customers!
Report Inappropriate Content
Gold Conversationalist

Message 2 of 84

Skinny jeans are perfect for me.  What I don't like are jeans that have holes in them that younger kids wear, and they are expensive!  I know a rocker started the grunge fashion--and hardly call it fashion.  WHen I get holes in my jeans, I cut them off or donate them.  What do you think about this style?

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 84

I once read that jeans are the folk costume of the US.  If that is the case then not wearing them is un-American.  I wear jeans everyday, they are my work pants of choice.  I am 66+ and the need to get down on the floor to work on equipment makes jeans a great accessory.  I don't like people thinking that a specific type of attire carries an age requirement.  When you see a 90 year old in a few decades wearing jeans, that will be me.  Say hi!

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Wearing jeans @ the age of 60?

Message 4 of 84

I'm not sure if we caused them to change the dress code or not that was many many years ago.  LOL  Now the same school has hardly any DRESS CODE!!!  I really wish that schools would all go to uniforms, the kids are just plain too mean to each other.  At least everyone would be wearing the same thing.  But...I remember how I was a little rebellious and I can imagine how much harder the kids would fight that!!!

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 84
Yes about the Skinny Jeans on guys, I guess it depends on the guy??? But like I said I like Bell-bottoms or BootCuts on guys. I don't like the Jeans that are tight in the Ankles. Does anyone know if you can change your Screen Name? Mine is KatzTrippin! AARP assigned me one with a bunch of numbers with my initials at beginning and at the end.
Oh that's cool about them allowing Jeans at that one school now! You got your dress code changed: WAY to GO!
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 6 of 84

Yes, I do have some problems with buttons etc.  I also wore shrink to fit 501's. They were the bomb!!  Now due to arthritis I love my skinny jeans and pull on's are great!!  But...I don't really care for guys wearing skinny jeans...that is just me.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 7 of 84

Yesterday when someone posted that they had a dress code in school, made me remember something about when I was in JR high.  We were not allowed to wear pants to school at all, only dresses.  But...being just a little bit of a rebel, my friend and I would bring our LEVI's to school and change into our jeans.  The principal always caught us but we didn't care!!  I really think the way we rebelled finally got our dress code lifted.  LOL

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 84

Wearing jeans at the age of 76.

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 84

I am 70 and I wear jeans and they are usually skinny jeans.  I lost 50 pounds at 65 and have been very careful not to gain it back.  I also love Old Navy pixie pants.  They are not denim but are very comfortable and  not sloppy.  I can imagine wearing both at 80.  Whatever you are comfortable in should be what you wear.  My late mother-in-law wore jeans at 91 and looked darling.

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 84

Yes household sixty five to eighty still love jeans wearing at least once a week.