Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Regular Contributor

Dr Jane,

sorry for not replyng in such a while but I have been a little under the weather for a few days.  Weather here has been crazy and seems like everybody is sick with the flu to a certain extent.  Hope it will clear up soon.  I am ready for spring.  My allergies will be minor compared to this.

Oh well, enough griping.  I do listen to radio quite a bit.  Local station here plays a lot of classic country and oldies rock.  great music.  Havent seen any Longmire movies but have read several of the books.  Enjoyed those.  Dont have an i pad.  Still have enough truoble figuring out this laptop and smartphone.  I am not exactly a tech wizard.  More into old cars and mechanics of them.  love fixing things and working with my hands.

I am undecided about legalizing pot.  Tried it a couple time when in my 20s and dont see anything special about it.  Thought it was overrated myself.  CBD oil though seems to help with certain medical problems and does not have any THC in it so no high can be had.  In that respect i think it should be legal for use.  I am however addicted to cigarettes.  Quit once for 10 yrs.  gonna have to again.  Too expensive.  And i do enjoy a sip of brandy or bourbon occasionally.  At my age the only two vices left for me.

Hope you are well and wish you luck with your writing.

your friend

Roger

Periodic Contributor

Happy Holidays to you & a very Happy New Year --- full of lots ..., of health & inner calmness, my sincere wishes from Puerto Rico / USA, be safe, don't hesitate to reply if you wish to be my Pen Pal "One Moment At A Time"

Honored Social Butterfly

Absolutely! I'd love to be penpals!!!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Good morning Lydia
Am praying that we can becoming beast of penpal friend by we always keeping God in ours thoughts but could you responded to my email address pappy474@icloud.com
Thank you
With love Larry

Hello I would love to meet and get to know new people. I love reading novels, watching comedy in theaters and going for live band music. For any one interested please email me on susantusiime4@gmail.com. thank you

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Good evening & Happy New Year 2019 Susan, I'm here 😊 "resting my bones" -- sited having fellowship with my wife, daughter & our "Treasure" my 8 yr., old grandson, I try my best to enjoy life "one moment at a time / in a tranquil manner regardless of life's daily issues, may the Higher Power of your understanding bless you with lots ..., of health / inner peace & always keep you safe, "buenas noches" / good night.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I would like to become a pen pal to someone who likes to write letters via U.S. Postal Service. How do I accomplish this? 

Thank you, 

Andrea Sauceda

Regular Contributor

Hello Susan
Hoping we can becoming best of friends by keeping God in our thoughts ,but could you responded to me at my email address pappy474@icloud.com
Thanks you so much
Larry
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Dear Penpals,

I want to thank everyone who has posted on this forum.  Connecting virtually is somewhat impersonal and I've had very little success so far...unfortunately.  If you would like to reach me I ask that you send a private message.  Just click on my name and it will take you to my page where you can send it.  Hope to hear from you soon!

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Contributor

Hello good looking,

I am Sandra single and working. Just came on this site newly to make friends or more and that was when i saw your profile and liked it. You can check my profile and if you like what you see,you can write me at pretysandraa@gmail.com so we can chat and get to know each other better.

I would be waiting to hear from you there.

Sandra
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

ST.PAT'S.gif  Dear Penpals,

May the luck of the Irish be with you all!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

My wish for Christmas is to have a penpal!

Christmas-tree.jpg

0 Kudos
Contributor

I, I too asked for a friend to talk to. Hope your wish comes true. I just joined the group so I am pretty excited about learning about great having electronic pen pals can be. I had snail mail pen pals as a child.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm looking for someone to talk to also.  I never had a pen pal before, but now I want someone to share with and this seems the best way because it's so hard to meet people in person now.  It seems everyone spends their lives in front of screens.

Merrilly
Periodic Contributor

Hi! I am lonely older career lady currently in CA. My children are grown and single but really need a pen pal. Please respond back 

Jane

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Jane.  I too am looking for a pen pal.  I lived in California for over 28 years before I retired. Pick a topic and let's communicate.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

where in calif are you?  i am in fresno

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Debra

Hope my reply is acceptable but i have been corresponding with Jane for a short while now.  I am in TN, disabled, and widowed.  I you would like me for a penpal please let me know.  I am 72, retired truck driver and musician just looking for people to chat with.

Hope to hear from you soon

Roger

Periodic Contributor

Hi Roger

Very nice to meet you.   i see you  are a musician, thats wonderful.  i love music, country, pop, oldies, opera, classical  a whole lot of it.  my fav hobbie is  genealogy.  been doing that for over 30 yrs now.  and i like playing in my gardens and i my garage, turning trash into treasure.      we must talk again

debbi

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Debra,

got your note a few days ago.  Sorry to be so long answering.  I was a musician and truck driver till i became disabled.  Not able to do much anymore from this wheelchair, I am in south central TN just NW of Chattanooga.  Native of the area.  Have lived other states and traveled extensively but happy here.  72 now and penpals, facebook, tv, and crosswords keep me busy.  Hope all is well with you and hope to hear from you soon.

your friend

Roger

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi  I am Debbi, living in calif also   Boston transplant..   looking to chat with folks about everything

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My name is Aggie. No I don't live in Texas, ha,ha.   I am in NJ.

• Would like to talk to good people. I like books,movies ice

-cream and antique shops. Oh yeah first of all I love God family and

friends. I hate typing as your can see.

Regular Contributor

Hello Aggie

I am not in TX either but am in TN.  Native of this area, disabled, 72, love coiuntry music, ice cream and flea markets.  Widowed, 1 child grown with her pown family.  Have one pen pal in CA i need to reply to so if you would like to correspond let me know.

Roger

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Roger 

Nice to hear from you. I am 70.never married, and no children. I

am partially disabled. I use a walker presently but will eventually get

back to my cane. I understand the depression that goes with not

being able to get around.

Flea markets are fun. I also.like thrift stores. We have some good

ones here. Only .50 cents for a CD.

What is your flavorite flavor ice cream? Mine is butter pecan.

Too cold for ice cream. We have 3 inches of snow today.

Aggie

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Jane.  Just joined so I am really new to this.  Your post was the first i saw.  I am 72 disabled and a widower for 28 yrs now.  Presently living in a retirement center.  One daughter who has her own family and various family scattered fro coast to coast.  I am a USMC veteran of viet nmam, retired truck driver and musician and just looking for someone to have a decent intelligent conversation with.  Email would be best as i have a touch of Parkinsons and tremors make my penmanship a terrible sight.  I love country music, Tennesse football and Atlanta Braves baseball, reading, and American history, espescially native american.  If you would like to reply i am in TN.  

Periodic Contributor

Hi Roger,

I am glad you contacted me! I hope your day is going well. I am almost 62 years old, kinda extroverted been married but single now and all my 3 children 2boys and girl  are grown. It is jsut me, myslef and I. Currently living in California but it is not the place for me. Landscape is lovely but jsut not my cup of tea. I plan on moving somewhere by end of April 2019  ...maybe Louisana.

So tell me more about yourself. What is your favorite food? Best place ever visited? I love to read too as you. Currenly just read The 57 Bus a true story abut 2 teens on a bus in Oakland CA which one  teen set other on fire cause he wore a dress casue he was confused on his sexuality.  Teens can do dumb things at time! The other  book I am reading is called Vox it is a fake story about the US president has declare all females cannot speak more than 100 words a day If they do get a shock from the bracelets all American ladies must wear.  It is a interesting drama story  .Addicted to the Netflix  TV show Longmire. Have you ever seen it?  

I like all kinds of music. Some of my favorite country songs right now are: Heaven by Kane Brown' and Meant To Be by Florida Georgia Line, and In Case You Didn t Know by Brett Young. Go to Youtube and listen..pretty words.

Ok when is your date of birth?  Just curious .  I am Cancer sign born July 19

Have a GREAT day!!

Your Friend

Jane

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Dear Jane;

I am a sagaritius born and raised in a small coal mining community about 35 miles north of Chattanooga TN.  Being a country boy from the word go, I like most all foods but have always been a meat and potatos type.  Favorite though would have to be bananna pudding.  As for favorite places i would say Gulf Shores AL or Daytona FL.  Not familiar with either of the books you mentioned, but the one called Vox sounds like a take pon a Muslim president and some of thier ruls for women.  I am not very up on modern country, more into classic country that i grew up with.  Marty robbins, Ray Price, Willie \Nelson and Merle Haggard.  My redneck side showing.

You mentioned moving to Louisiana,  From what i have seen, southern LA, MS, and AL all have severe storms out of the Gulf and bugs and snakes big enough to carry off a small dog.  Northern parts are nice though.  Guess i am biased toward TN though.

My current reading is You Be the Judge about the Scopes trial in Dayton TN.  Interesting to me since an ancestor of mine was presiding judge for the trial.  I also liked Trail of Tears, Rise and fall of the Cherokee Nation.  Sad what happened to such a peaceful and advanced Indian people.

Sorry if this is lengthy.  Have a great evening and hope to hear from you soon.

Your friend

Roger.

Periodic Contributor

Roger,

Yup you sound like  a country raised man. But that is ok because my parents were from the south....Wilmington and Charolotte North Carolina. My mom was a GRIT (Girl Raised in the South). big on cooking, cleaning, having always a side job,  and speaking her mind sometimes right time and sometimes the wrong time.  I learned tact from her; pretty much too quiet and too shy at times. My parents were married 65 years before passing and had 6 children.(3 girls and 3 boys) I was the youngest and they had me when they were in early 50.s.Of course they were teased a lot about that.  As a teen I was into square dancing on weekends as routine with the fellas. Boy was that a long time ago. LOL  My parents use to watch Hee Haw , and Mayberry RFD along with all the old cowboy movies like Gunsmoke, Cartwrights. I still like cowboy or war movies. Not many good ones cowboy movies around now..but I did like Longmire the show. It is  on Netflick now but used to be on regular TV. Gosh everything changes. Roger, is that a good thing or  a bad thing..changes?   

Well I have been traveling alot the last few years  and going to try Lousiana. I did not know about the huge bugs . Thank you Roger! LOL But I will get  a dog and train him to kill the bugs.What do you think of that? I love dogsas pets. Now I feel sad I cannot have pets now. But one day again. do you like dogs or cats or neither?  In my life since a kid I must of owned over 30 dogs. I owned  a pet wolf once.  Ok I am telling you too much.  I should talk about the time I went to Munich, Germany on vacation and almost got shot by a guard. You might hate dogs or wildlife whereas everyone likes vacations. My favorite place to visit is NY city (never live there though). I like mostly veggies and make the best meatloaf you could every taste  I have been told I am good cook too. 

Hey have a great day and stay safe!!

Your Friend

Jane.

Regular Contributor

Praise God !!

an so I'm new in the community ,but always love to share the words of our Heavenly Father,and will tell more of self from your reply 

sincerely Larry 

pappy474@icloud.com

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Looking for an email penpal to share everyday life or interests!  It is nice to connect with others and I miss writing letters!!  I am a retired teacher (mostly kindergarten), married 40 years with 3 grown children and two wonderful grandchildren!  We spend a great deal of our time traveling.  We have an RV that we travel in or occasionally pack a bag and fly somewhere - our bucket list is full of places we want to get to!!!  We love to attend live theatre, movies and walking our "crew" - multiple adopted dogs!!  When we are not on the road we make our home in Tennessee although we are originally mid-westerners!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP