Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Just Retired -- new cell phone plan?

Message 1 of 4 (141 Views)

"...What are you using?...".

Two $18.00 TracFone's and a $99 a year for 400 minute plan. Even less if you get a 2-year plan.

I do have a tablet that needs wi-fi, but it needs no plan as I can get free wi-fi anyplace. If you really have to have mobile access to the internet, it won't work. But I question how many people need that access. 

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 4 (212 Views)

Indianrock wrote:

>> 
I'd really like to have an Iphone 6, simply because an audio-related app I could really use at church does not run on Android.

What are you using?

Love my ipone 6plus!  Great camera, size and all the other features of Apple

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 4 (262 Views)

Indianrock wrote:

I'd really like to have an Iphone 6, simply because an audio-related app I could really use at church does not run on Android.

What are you using?

Hi @Indianrock  Randy, I've held back response because I personally have never had a cell phone. DH has had one forever. He is an Apple devotee. He uses it to shop, to research, for video and photos, to text his 92 year old father (and assorted sibs). He has an app to ID star constellations, an app to ID birds, mapping apps, music galore.

I'll have to ask him about data plan specifics, but we have AT&T (the best coverage for our podunk location in the neo-wilderness) and it costs us just under $50 a month with the AARP discount.

When it comes time for me to have a phone, I'll be getting an iPhone too.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Gold Conversationalist

Just Retired -- new cell phone plan?

Message 4 of 4 (280 Views)

We're thinking of moving off of Verizon.   Mainly to save money.  Considering Consumer Cellular ( AARP ).

The current Verizon plan, which actually includes my wife, daughter-in-law and myself is about $160 a month for the 3 of us with unlimited talk/text and 4 GB of data shared between us.

Looks like consumer cellular has good coverage in this area and we could put  my wife and I on a shared plan for about $38 a month for enough talk/text and 3 GB data shared between us.    For now we'd just hang on to our Galaxy S5's which are still working.   We do a lot of texting, emailing and web searching on our phones, plus navigation, etc.

What are you using?
Randy