Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: I Look My Age? Why, Thank You!

Message 1 of 12 (50 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - The pantsuit was perfect .. it was just the sneakers that looked a bit odd! Smiley Happy

I especially see some of the younger professional women attend events like that wearing 4" heels - and these are tall women to start with. I just don't get it; I don't know for whom they're dressing, and willing to be so uncomfortable!

Same at work.. mostly young women in areas where looks can make an impression  Sales ops, Executive admin etc.   I am not jealous : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 12 (52 Views)

@LaDolceVita - Actually, I find that when I where "high heels" (2-1/2 - 3") for a few hours, I wind up having foot/toe cramps, after I'm home & relazing! But I wore heels while I was working all the time, and it didn't bother me then.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 12 (57 Views)

@ASTRAEA, @nyadrn

Brings to mind the great looking Trump women who are nearly 6 feet tall to begin with.  How they walked during the inauguration ceremony  in those stiletto heels I cannot fathom.  It hurt to watch them.  Maybe they do special foot exercises!  Would not surprise meWoman Wink.

I think some  boomers have a hard time giving up sneakers & jeans.  Many  older men,  riding motorcycles and wearing jeans are to be seen here & there.  Some are quite good looking.  I want to think that I will never feel too old or too out of shape to wear jeans & sneakers.

vita umbratilis

Message 4 of 12 (61 Views)

@nyadrn - The pantsuit was perfect .. it was just the sneakers that looked a bit odd! Smiley Happy

I especially see some of the younger professional women attend events like that wearing 4" heels - and these are tall women to start with. I just don't get it; I don't know for whom they're dressing, and willing to be so uncomfortable!

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 12 (67 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - Thanks for posting to this, and reminding me of LaDolceVita's comment! Last weekend I attended a large convention in Philadelphia, with an opening reception at the very large National Constitution Center. We'd been told ahead of time it was "dressy", but I dreaded the thought of walking around that much on hard marble floors in high heels. So I wore a really nice blue pantsuit with white trim .. and navy blue sneakers! I figured if anyone had a snarky comment, I'd just say I was "channeling my inner Woody Allen"! (and a few women said they envied my comfy feet that night!)

@ASTRAEA

Great idea!   We all went through those years when women had to dress in a dress or skirt.   Dress down to a pantsuit was a big thing in work history and we were there to see it!  

When I returned to work after my hip op I wore solid black sketchers.  No one cared.  

Ps. Loved the Woody movies and the wardrobes.  Esp Diane Keaton 

Message 6 of 12 (83 Views)

@nyadrn - Thanks for posting to this, and reminding me of LaDolceVita's comment! Last weekend I attended a large convention in Philadelphia, with an opening reception at the very large National Constitution Center. We'd been told ahead of time it was "dressy", but I dreaded the thought of walking around that much on hard marble floors in high heels. So I wore a really nice blue pantsuit with white trim .. and navy blue sneakers! I figured if anyone had a snarky comment, I'd just say I was "channeling my inner Woody Allen"! (and a few women said they envied my comfy feet that night!)

Message 7 of 12 (95 Views)

LaDolceVita wrote:

Have you ever been told 'you're too old for that'?

I have never been told but I have been snubbed!!  During one of my senior trips I was stuck sitting next to a very proper older woman, about 70 -75.  Very nice looking, beautiful gray hair and lovely clothes.

There could have been no other reason for the snub except my really not so strange appearance.  I was about a week away from a haircut & I must have appeared to her like someone not accepting of her age.  

I enjoy wearing  clothes that are not age appropriate!!    Tough noogies to anyone who does not wish to speak to me because of my somewhat wild appearing hair or sneakers or jeans.  Sixty is the new forty.

Hahahahah   good attitude!   

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 12 (235 Views)

I have never been told but I have been snubbed!!  During one of my senior trips I was stuck sitting next to a very proper older woman, about 70 -75.  Very nice looking, beautiful gray hair and lovely clothes.

There could have been no other reason for the snub except my really not so strange appearance.  I was about a week away from a haircut & I must have appeared to her like someone not accepting of her age.  

I enjoy wearing  clothes that are not age appropriate!!    Tough noogies to anyone who does not wish to speak to me because of my somewhat wild appearing hair or sneakers or jeans.  Sixty is the new forty.

vita umbratilis

Message 9 of 12 (244 Views)

AARPLynne wrote:

Nine women posed for our camera sans “procedures,” owning every lovely wrinkle. We asked each of them why aging is important and whether they would get plastic surgery if it were free and painless. Read more storiesfrom celebrities to everyday citizens—who are challenging outdated beliefs about aging and sparking new solutions.

So I followed the link to the Disrupt Aging site: LOVES it! Them be my peeps, right there! Rock on!

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 10 of 12 (254 Views)

AARPLynne wrote:

Yes. I've been told I'm too old to be in shape. (Wha-?)

I've been told that I need to gain 10 pounds because of my age. 

I've been told my clothing is age-inappropriate.

I've been told my curly hair is too wild and too long for my age.

Here's my thought about all that: get over it. Smiley Very Happy I tend to do more of whatever it is someone disapproves of me for. You see how I am, always offering others the opportunity for personal growth. Smiley Happy 

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving