Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“š Do YOU Have Any FAVORITE Books? What FORMAT?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“š Do YOU Have Any FAVORITE Books? What FORMAT?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ›ถ (Leisure & Lifestyle Forum)

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (3/25/24) @LaDolceVita , I finally got my "lazy" you know what up and "dug" up the two books I had mentioned to you. I bought them at the Dollar Tree.

[1] Bought last year June 22, 2023, stuck on page 23 since then.  ATOMIC HABITS by James Clear. Hardcover $1. ABOUT BOOK: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones.

[2] HAD NOT BEEN BACK TO DOLLAR TREE UNTIL THIS YEAR 2024 - February 21st. This time paid $1.25 as prices are no longer $1. JOY AT WORK by Marie Kobdo & Scott Sonenshein. Hardcover. ABOUT THE BOOK: Stories, studies and strategies to help you eliminate clutter and make space for the work that really matters. I retired July 2020 but always interested in Consulting in a FUN WAY.

Happy Reading!!!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Regular Social Butterfly

I choose Nook books lent from my local library for many reasons but most I am a smoker and don't want to expose anyone to my bad habit via real books. Second, I don't have readily available transportation so haven't been to the library since pre-pandemic.

I apologize to everyone who prefers a paper book; but since pandemic I feel it is safer for most to read ebook. Here's the thing... I don't think Hunter Thompson would have opposed; he was forward thinker and I think he would have appreciated and promoted...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/23/24)   ๐Ÿ“š   @LaDolceVita and OTHER members - what are you "reading" at the moment?  ๐Ÿค”

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I am reading the The Traitor's Wife by Alison Pataki.  She is not a good writer although the subject matter interests me.  It is about Peggy Shippen, the wife of Benedict Arnold.   Anyway it is going very slowly, partly because of chores and partly because it is ho hum.

I am a big fan of historical fiction, it is my comfort zone.  However, if I can get out of my comfort zone especially with good non fiction on other topics I am happy.

For instance I loved Doc Suzy and Empire of the Summer Moon.  Perhaps you can mention books by their title that you really love reading?

Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/24/24) @LaDolceVita , good to hear from you!!!

To be honest, I have "slowed" down on my reading and still have 2 books sitting around.

Hoping to get back on track THIS YEAR. ๐Ÿ™„

Sleep has been a challenge of late and any Cozy Mystery Audiobook has helped. Of course I usually fall asleep on them = takes a few nights to complete them.

A creature of habit and OLD ๐Ÿ™„, so TRYING to venture out away from my addiction of Agatha Christie - Poirot and Ms. Marple.

Another addiction has been Sherlock.

Anyway, it does get boring listening to these audiobooks over and over and as you mentioned = I too need to STEP OUT and explore.

HAPPY READING  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Haha my current read is taking months to finish, so a couple of days are not bad!  What we both may need is to read interesting books out of our comfort zone.   

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/26/24) Lol @LaDolceVita , I can NEVER do thrillers!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Regular Social Butterfly

This is my interest. How do you listen then fall asleep? Then where do you pick up again next night? I'm sorry and apologize if I don't get it but I want to learn... Thank you in advance for any advice!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3/25/24) @WebWiseWoman , I am dealing with grief and not sleeping well at night. The Cozy Mystery Audiobooks at the moment are my way to try to get a little sleep in. No method involved. Once I am back on track, I listen to them during the day where I finish them. I restart the audiobook from where I remember I last heard it. It may be a one night listening = up all night, insomnia. Or several nights = fell asleep. Happy reading!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[*** @WebWiseWoman wrote:

This is my interest. How do you listen then fall asleep? Then where do you pick up again next night? I'm sorry and apologize if I don't get it but I want to learn... Thank you in advance for any advice! ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (Thursday 3/21/24) WELCOME @LaDolceVita  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

I luv Cozy Mysteries!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  Anita McBride Discusses the Role of First Ladies (AARP Article) 

HAS ANYONE READ THIS BOOK?  ๐Ÿค”  I HAVE NOT!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

How Much Do You Know About U.S. First Ladies?

A new book offers an in-depth look at the women behind our presidents.

By Christina Ianzito, AARP. Published March 18, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/books/info-2024/anita-mcbride-discusses-first-ladies.html

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   I will have to start following this thread!๐Ÿ˜Š

Bronze Conversationalist

Too many favorite books to list. But a series I've recently got into is the "Savannah Reid" mystery series. Likable characters help Private Investigator, plus-size sexy Savannah who is totally okay with her generous body dimensions. Lots of talk about food, too. 

Light reading, escapism. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (Sunday 1/14/24)

I luv Mysteries Carry Anne @CarryAnne , thanks for the information. I will check this out  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[โœ Carry Anne @CarryAnne wrote:

Too many favorite books to list. But a series I've recently got into is the "Savannah Reid" mystery series. Likable characters help Private Investigator, plus-size sexy Savannah who is totally okay with her generous body dimensions. Lots of talk about food, too. 

Light reading, escapism.  โœ]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (Sunday 1/7/24)

Just pulled out a book I had purchased 6/22/23 and NEVER finished.  ๐Ÿ™„

So, I guess it would be nice to finish BEFORE 6/22/24. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Atomic Habits by James Clear.

And YES, hardcover of course...

Contributor

If you're into romance and contemporary fiction, I'd highly recommend checking out Emily Henry's books. Her storytelling is captivating, and she has a way of creating characters and relationships that feel incredibly real. You can find some of her works on Bookworm Era's website, specifically in the Emily Henry books section. Here's the link: https://bookwormera.com/emily-henry-books/ So, whether you prefer the feel of a paperback or the convenience of digital formats, the most important thing is finding books that you truly enjoy and that take you on memorable journeys.

Regular Contributor

One more thing @KevinK141795 

Thanks for letting me know about bookwormera!  Awesome site! ๐Ÿ™‚

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (Thursday 1/4/24)

Hmmm, sounds like I NEED to visit this site Kevin @KevinK141795 and Ann @AnnB53123 . I no longer do the Romance Books but maybe there will be something that may be of interest.

Regular Contributor

Hi  Kevin @KevinK141795 

Never heard of Emily Henry.  She has great reviews on Goodreads.  I'm always looking for a new author, thanks for the info, I'll check her out.

@KevinK141795 wrote:

If you're into romance and contemporary fiction, I'd highly recommend checking out Emily Henry's books. Her storytelling is captivating, and she has a way of creating characters and relationships that feel incredibly real. You can find some of her works on Bookworm Era's website, specifically in the Emily Henry books section. Here's the link: https://bookwormera.com/emily-henry-books/ So, whether you prefer the feel of a paperback or the convenience of digital formats, the most important thing is finding books that you truly enjoy and that take you on memorable journeys.

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

There's just something about holding a physical book and flipping through the pages that adds to the reading experience.

Regular Contributor

Hi Cameron,  I agree with you. @CameronM962600  For me, I think having to hold a book & the scent of it  may trigger fond memories of first visiting the library, as a child. 

Although,  I will check out an audio or ebook from Hoopla when my library has a waiting list for a particular book.

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (1/1/24) I AGREE Cameron @CameronM962600 !!!  ๐Ÿ‘

I luv my bookmarks so I know what page I am on.

Also being able to highlight text.

[โœ  Cameron @CameronM962600 wrote:

There's just something about holding a physical book and flipping through the pages that adds to the reading experience. โœ]

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi @SpringIsHereSoHappy 

I enjoy using bookmarks,  as well.  My brother bought me an embroidered felt bookmark that holds the page from the corner.  So pretty!  Kind of makes closing the book,  for the evening, less painful ๐Ÿ˜„

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (1/1/24) Ann @AnnB53123 , do you know where he bought it? I WANT one!!!

Regular Contributor

Hi ๐Ÿ™‚ @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

I'm pretty sure he found it at Barnes and Noble. 

1704155172404.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (1/1/24) Oh my goodness, it has an A for your NAME!!!! Luv it, thanks Ann @AnnB53123   ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (12/29/23) Hi Ann @AnnB53123 :

My copy of this book arrived YESTERDAY.

Book: The Secret - DAILY TEACHINGS by Rhonda.

Hope you are well!!!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Regular Contributor

Hey Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy 

Awesome!  I started watching a documentary on TV about The Secret.  Thank you - You just reminded me to get back to it.

Enjoy the book, Nicole

๐Ÿ™‚

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (12/29/23) ENJOY the documentary Ann @AnnB53123 !!!!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“š  (12/17/23) Hi Ann @AnnB53123 :

While I WAIT on NEW "releases" from my OTHER favorite/likeable YouTube Authors - I just found this NEW Author ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

"Death on the Range : Target Practice Mysteries 1 by Nikki Haverstock" on YouTube.

Have an AWESOME Sunday my friend! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP