Are You Ready for the Next Natural Disaster? AARP Live Can Help You Get Prepared Tonight at 10 p.m. Watch here

Info Seeker

Re: Beauty At Any Age Sweepstakes

Message 11 of 1,115 (2,758 Views)

Olive oil! It has has restored my nails. I massage it into my nails three times a day and am now using it on my toe nalis. I am also putting it on my face prior to going to bed.

I use organic first-press virgin olive oil. It works.

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 1,115 (2,703 Views)

I do the Turmeric & Lemon Morning Elixir in the morning to reduce inflammation from my body.  This helps flush out toxins and helps relieve the achy muscles. Recipe as follows;

1/2 of a lemon, squeezed for juice

1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric

1/2 tsp honey

1/4 tsp cinnamon powder

1 cup of warm water

Mix the lemon juice, turmeric and honey into your cup of warm water.  Stir ingredients well.  Add cinnamon on top and continue to stir as you drink so the turmeric does not settle at the bottom of your cup.  Turmeric is the main ingredient of this drink so don't skip putting in this healthy plant. Ground organic turmeric can be found at WalMart in the spice department.

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 1,115 (2,939 Views)

The best advice I can give is always focus on mosturizing not only your face but your entire body. I'm 56 and I am so proud that I have been mosturizing since my teens (thanks Mom!) but if you haven't it's not to late it...start now and moisturize all over after your bath or shower and right before you go to bed. At our age you can never moisturize too much and don't forget your hands especially the back of your hands!

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 1,115 (3,141 Views)

I eat salmon and advocado regularly, use a natural, overnight facial mask for moisture and let my inner beauty radiate as I become more comfortable in my skin every year!

Conversationalist

Message 15 of 1,115 (3,367 Views)

Everything that is from nature is so effective! All we need is patience and endurance in what we are going to do for health and beauty. Good nutrition and exercise with eight glasses of water a day, will give you the power for a beautiful you. Be beautiful at any age, by taking care of yourselves. My best wishes to all.

Isabel

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 1,115 (3,371 Views)

I use fresh squeezed lemon juice on my face to lighten dark spots.  I'm on my fifth day and so far I see some improvement.

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 1,115 (3,347 Views)

I use Vitamin C serum to brighten skin.  It doesn't take long to see a difference

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 18 of 1,115 (3,343 Views)

Your "Glamour Glossary" is by far the most helpful to a lady now wanting to learn more about makeup, fashion in this stage of my life. I found the whole magazine beyond helpful in my quest for change in my after 55yrs life.

Thanks so much

Patricia B

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 1,115 (3,291 Views)

In addition to the fabulous tips suggested here, I would like to add mine. I am 62 and started doing Pilates about three years ago. I was afraid to call the studio because I thought the classes would be full of tiny, athletic 30-somethings but I finally did. Most classes are full of 50+ women of all shapes and sizes. I make a point of wearing a bit of makeup (eyeliner and mascara) and a pretty (but functional) outfit to class. I feel my best after class when my inevidable aches and pains have been tamed and I have the soft glow of exertion. Best of all, most of the hour of exercise is done lying down - it's win-win!

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 1,115 (2,792 Views)

This was a nice surprise!  It covered all the topics I am interested in, and the navigation was super easy and error-free.  Love, love, love!