Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Info Seeker

Re: Beauty At Any Age Sweepstakes

Message 91 of 1,116 (1,833 Views)

As we age our skin has taken on a new personality and it's not someone I like.  It has become so stubborn, no matter how much moisturizer I put it on, it is still dry. Pores are growing bigger everyday and are filled with all sorts of things. Let's not forget falling eyelids and deeper wrinkles that change the look of my mouth and jawline.Ugh. Now the solutions are simple, learn a new language so you can translate all the "buzz words" and products, take out a loan because these products are expensive and have your morning & evening routine written down with ten steps because we won't remember what goes on in the morning and what we need to do at night.

Okay, here's the truth. 

1. Sunscreen is the number one "anti-aging" product on the market. Yes, it is true.  UV damage which causes wrinkles, dry skin and loss of elasticity (as in large pores) can be reduced and improved by using sunscreen. Oh, did I forget to mention it also helps prevent skin cancer?  My recommendation is a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen, minimum SPF 30. Find one you like and use it everyday, even if you don't go outside. 

2. Use a moisturizer with Retinol at night. Retinols help exfoliate without tearing the thinner skin and encourages new skin to grow. These should not be used around eyes, only use products developed for eye areas around eyes. 

3. Use a gentle cleanser at night and water first thing in the morning. 

That's it. Keep it simple. Get annual dermatology checks and if you need more, see a good esthetician four times a year for a facial. 

Info Seeker

Message 92 of 1,116 (1,835 Views)

Drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, do something that fills you with joy every day, and...blend your liquid (never powder) foundation with moisturizer before applying! 

Info Seeker

Beauty At Any Age Sweepstakes

Message 93 of 1,116 (1,842 Views)

Use honey to erase wrinkles.

Info Seeker

Message 94 of 1,116 (1,813 Views)
A small amount of preperation H Hemroide cream will shrink the bags under your eyes...with a hot oil treatment that can be purchased for 1.00 for 2 bottles for your hair...boil the water in a coffee mug in the microwave and let the oil set in the water ten minutes...never put soap on your face...warm water..very little make up if any at all...Dont wash your hair every day....use a shower cap to allow the natural oil to preserve and keep your hair healthy...eat your greens...veggies...lesson your meat intake and complex carbs but...never never ever cut them from your diet...eat your bread..reward yourself with ice cream or frozen yogurt at least 4 times a week...get your sleep...don't be affraid to get your sleep...pray all the time calling God by his Name...not by his title...
Info Seeker

Message 95 of 1,116 (1,820 Views)

Thank you, this is a great idea...

Info Seeker

Message 96 of 1,116 (1,822 Views)
beauty tip: don't use soap on your face- it dries out the skin. I use a toner daily to help balance out my skin and tighten the pores.
Info Seeker

Message 97 of 1,116 (1,780 Views)
Less is more when it comes to beauty. Some light powder a little blush, finished off with some mascara.
Info Seeker

Message 98 of 1,116 (1,790 Views)

At any age but particularly as we get older, We need to stay away from chemicals. I noted that keeping volume to my hair was a challenge, So insted of chemical laden mousse and hairspray i use a SUGAR spray, Yep it works!

Ingredients
  1. ½ cup distilled or purified water
  2. 2 tbsp cane sugar
  3. 1 tbsp aloe vera juice
  4. ½ tsp argan oil (or oil of your choice)
  5. 3 drops of rosemary essential oil (optional)
  6. 2 drops of peppermint essential oil (optional)
Instructions
  1. Bring water to a boil, add sugar and stir until dissolved. Let cool for a few minutes, and whisk in aloe and oils. Pour into a dark spray bottle.
  2. This spray should be good to keep for two weeks in the refrigerator, or up to one week unrefrigerated if stored away from heat. Using distilled water and essential oils will help to preserve the spray for longer.
To use
  1. For styling: spray on roots of damp hair blow dry and style.
  2. For hold: lightly spray on dry hair for a flexible hold, or liberally for a firm hold.
Conversationalist

Message 99 of 1,116 (1,798 Views)
a day at the spa would be wonderful!
Info Seeker

Message 100 of 1,116 (1,813 Views)
great idea can`t wait to read the magazine