Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anyone into SCRAPBOOKING/CARD MAKING ?

Periodic Contributor

Anyone into SCRAPBOOKING/CARD MAKING ?

Hi,Anyone do card making or scrapbooking?

Periodic Contributor

I make cards. I don’t scrapbook but I have many art journals and recently got into junk journals. All of it is loads of fun.

“If you don’t like the position of the moon, go up and change it!” -African Proverb
Periodic Contributor

Hi, so very SORRY, I just got back on AARP, I love junk journaling also, so much fun!! I have a locker full of my journals that I have made over the years in hubbys garage.

Thanks for answering me back, again sorry it took so long to reply.

Super Contributor

I'm into cardmaking and love it.  Unfortunately, I've developed a passion for high end Anna Griffin cardmaking materials which are a beautiful old-world style but expensive.  I sent out the most beautiful Christmas cards this year.  My family and friends loved the cards and I loved making them.  It's a great outlet for my creative juices!

Contributor

Amen to the Anna Griffin beauty.  Is there anything she can't make beautiful?  She does extraordinary work!!

Is anyone doing scraping book making in the Arroyo Grande, CA area? A place to get together and share ideas, and work on projects?
Contributor

Yes.

I madeabout 27 home made Christmas cards this year.  By the time I was  done it was a good 30 hours  of work and the cost of about $2 to $3 by the time I was done.  I love to make them.  I send them to my family and special people in my life.

My son and daughter in law had a baby in October and I am scrapbooking the 9 months of them being pregnant.

Starting from the announcemnet to us till the day the baby came home.

I would say a good 500 photos.  Plus making me one at the sametime. So a good 1000 photos.

That way I can enjoy and look back.  Also with the thought of,

when I pass, mine can go to  my grandbaby.  

Scrapbooking  I love.  But I do have  many unfinished books.

I am fine with it.  My problem is time and I love to take photos. 

One day, yes one day they will all get done. 

Super Contributor

I enjoy making simple cards using a hand cranked die cut machine for making embellishments.  I also enjoy making junk journals because I'm so sappy sentimental and save way too much sappy sentimental stuff.  I find material to use a lot of greeting cards I've received from close friends and family so their well wishes and beautiful cards can hang around a little longer while serving a purpose.  I write notes in the journals, add some busy-finger artwork and in general have a blast creating them.

amcoffiebean
Contributor

I love both scrapbooking and card making. Cardmaking allows me to be creative and turn out something for quick gratification.  Scrapbooking allows me to again be creative but takes a lot more planning and it is more time consuming.  Both are calming arts for me because I don't worry about being perfect with either one.  There are no mistakes, only creative opportunites.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP