Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Community Concierge

What to Do When Life Gets You Down

Life happens. You get a flat tire, make a mistake at work or get into an argument with a friend. It’s possible to respond to stress in a neutral or even positive way, but avoiding negativity can be a real challenge. So let’s find a way to deal with life’s little defeats. Explore this activity on Staying Sharp and learn how focusing on the upsides of stressful situations can help you. Visit AARP® Staying Sharp® for more information on brain health.

Contributor

As a Christian, I pray and ask God to uplift my spirit and keep my thoughts positive. It's not always spontaneous, but gradually, with focused effort, it works. Getting out and walking in a nature setting is another surety.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I I considered going to a singles group here in my Trilogy development. I called in and asked about mix of people etc. The leader of the group said always 99% of attendees are women almost never have men attend. (And you will be hit on relentlessly) So I chose not to attend - that was about a year ago. I have now attended my first meeting and was pleasantly  surprised. Was a small group sat next to and across from ladies ( there were only two men in this small group) 

It was a wonderful experience had a great conversation with the lady sitting next to me and with several other ladies at my table. Sometimes we need to take a chance. Came away with no negatives and am looking forward to the next meeting.

0 Kudos

My wife and I bought a motorhome so when life calls down upon us we hop into the motorhome and forget about the big city blues and hit the open country...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP