Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Hearing Aid Manuals

If you are considering purchasing an Audiologist prescribed Hearing Aid, ask whether it comes with a well written comprehensive Manual. I recently purchase an Opticon Real One Hearing Aid. It is highly regarded for its voice clarity. However the accompanying manual is rudimentary. Like many high end Hearing Aids one can pair it to ones cell phone or stream from a tablet. Pairing, streaming and dealing with lost Bluetooth connections for instance is not covered. The manual will direct you to your Audiologist ! However, the Opticon supprt  will provide instructions when requested by email. I have no idea whether other Hearing Aid manufacturers do a better job, but attention to this problem before purchasing may save you time and frustration. An example of an excellent manual for a related device is the one that comes with Caption Call phones.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Thanks for the tip @rustaub  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** @rustaub wrote:

If you are considering purchasing an Audiologist prescribed Hearing Aid, ask whether it comes with a well written comprehensive Manual. I recently purchase an Opticon Real One Hearing Aid. It is highly regarded for its voice clarity. However the accompanying manual is rudimentary. Like many high end Hearing Aids one can pair it to ones cell phone or stream from a tablet. Pairing, streaming and dealing with lost Bluetooth connections for instance is not covered. The manual will direct you to your Audiologist ! However, the Opticon supprt  will provide instructions when requested by email. I have no idea whether other Hearing Aid manufacturers do a better job, but attention to this problem before purchasing may save you time and frustration. An example of an excellent manual for a related device is the one that comes with Caption Call phones. ***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP