Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Info Seeker

Re: Your "Financial Legacy"

Message 1 of 19 (225 Views)

I do have a will, but thank you for your concern.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 19 (230 Views)

You may still need a will. You may consider seeing a lawyer

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 19 (1,970 Views)

@JT4784 - Even if you reply to a specific post, there's nothing that automatically shows up, indicating to whom you're directing your comments. You can use the "quote" button in replying, so that the original comment shows up, and/or use the @ with the person's screen name (as I did here) to identify them. Doing the latter also notifies the person that someone's responded to their post.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 19 (2,056 Views)
Perhaps you should give your SS back to the taxpayers then. Others actually need that money.
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 19 (2,058 Views)

You sound like a very selfish and unhappy person. 

Super Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 19 (2,491 Views)

I'm going to leave the heirs each a map and a shovel.  First one to figure out where it is, gets it!  I hope I will be able to watch.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 19 (3,613 Views)

I plan to have remaining finances divided up between nieces and nephews and some various animal/human rights/environmental charites. Avoiding the need for a will, I have listed them all with the desired percentages as beneficiaries on my investment accounts.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 19 (3,645 Views)

@jordan829422 - Since I'm single, have no siblings or children, my estate will all go to charity .. but I'm planning on giving to more small/medium sized organizations, where it will can have more impact. I think that even $1 million given to the largest, best known charities, is just a drop-in-the-bucket for them. You can find out the size, efficiency, transparancy & other statistics about non-profits on Charity Navigator.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Super Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 19 (3,684 Views)
  • I hope the last check I write bounces!
lhh
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 19 (3,748 Views)

After having lost everything in a hate crime & having to start over mid stream I plan to leave most of what I have in a trust to my son, who, God willing since it's not a lot, will never experience homelessness or hunger again. He will always have a home for himself & his family to grow love & peace in, and to use as a shelter to our ever increasing crazy world. With that said, what little is left over will be left to a few charitities who work with children & families. As for myself, and when all is said and done, I've asked to just be tossed in a box and buried with the knowledge that I've love, been loved & have done my part.