Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Regular Social Butterfly

Re: Spring Stock Picks

Message 1 of 4 (596 Views)

Hi Astraea - Good topic.  Rember the old market adage - "Sell in May - and go away"?

The past few years - I've been short the S&P500  :-(.     Yeah - I know!   Still waiting for that long overdue big correction!! ??

Rather than sit in pure cash - I've had that in good dividend paying preferred.

The DOL rules don't affect us -  as I am our Advisor.  Brokerage is at Schwab.  

However, for the past couple years - I'm still doing better than Bill Ackman.  :-)

Regular Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4 (601 Views)

Good for you Tarheel with your huge gains in STZ and ULTA.  Have you considered taking some off the table from these two?  Or, maybe, you already have.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4 (1,248 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

What are your current favorites & why?

My current favorites are favorites that I have touted in other posts up to 3 years ago. Here is their performance since then.

Bristol Myers from November 2014 until present: Was $59.02 Now $53.97 Good Dividend

Caterpillar from November 2014 until present: Was $100.60 Now $105.66 Good Dividend

Constellation Brands from November 2014 until present: Was $96.40 Now $180.93

Ulta Beauty, Inc. from November 2014 until present: Was 126.49 Now $302.40

I believe that all four are still considered "buys" by most analysts so I will not be making any changes.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Spring Stock Picks

Message 4 of 4 (1,291 Views)

With tax season behind us, are you reviewing your portfolio to buy/sell any stocks? What are your current favorites & why?

If you have an IRA at a brokerage, have you talked to a representative about the Department of Labor's new IRA rules, going into effect June 9th .. and know what your options will be?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!