Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Anybody Ever Invest with Prosper.com

Message 1 of 6 (257 Views)
Thank you retiredtraveler,
Nice to have a positive response!
I'd rather loan money than borrow.
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (273 Views)

I can't help with any personal experience, but I'm sure you know how to look at the various articles, online, reviewing the service. Offhand, it seems to be good based on many positive reviews.

But, of course, you would have to 'drill down' to specifics to see if you truly are getting a good deal, and have a 'safe' loan with full legal protection.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 6 (285 Views)

@SIMPLEGAL - That discussion was 8 months ago, and to be honest I have more important personal issues to deal with now. I thought my previous post made clear that I wasn't interested in it.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 6 (292 Views)
ASTRAEA,
What do you think about Prosper.com?
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 6 (1,051 Views)

It would have been helpful if you explained what Prosper.com is! It is a website that makes loans: Prosper.com, at "low rates". If you want to know what that means, you have to give them your zip code, amount ($2K - $35K), the purpose of the loan, and a whole bunch of information about yourself, to set up an account .. BEFORE they give you a loan rate.

If you go to the "investor" section, it says that you can earn an average of 7.35% .. which means the lending rate has to average more than that, because Prosper.com isn't doing this for nothing themselves. I'm not familiar with loan rates today; how does > 7.35% sound to you, compared to a bank HELOC?

You might want to read this article about P2P's (peer to peer loans): NASDAQ: Peer to Peer Lending

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Valued Social Butterfly

Anybody Ever Invest with Prosper.com

Message 6 of 6 (1,069 Views)

I've thought about it but never have . . . . .

If you have done some investing with Prosper.com

- how much did you begin with

- what rating did you choose

- did it work out well?

What was your experience with Prosper.com?