Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Info Seeker

Re: Why only Fitbit

Message 1 of 9 (329 Views)

I have had a Fitbit for about 5 months now and just realized it is waterproof. all the employees where I work got one from the company to encourage a healthy life style.  I run a couch to 5K with my students so it helps me track our progress.

My granddaughter has a similar tracker, she paid the a lot less than mine and it does more than mine.  I think if it does what you need it to do, it does not matter what the brand name is.  I would have not bought a fitbit, but since it was given to me, I enjoy it.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 9 (343 Views)
Yeah, I have Vivofit & just got a garmin fenix Chronos (saved for it a long time ;-) We need Love too!
Community Manager

Message 3 of 9 (383 Views)

@LexiandMaxMom et. al.

The mission of the program is to help enrich the lives of our members by awarding reward points for completing fitness milestones as well as participating in the quizzes and tools on the AARP.org website. At this time we are only able to track fitness milestones via our partnership with Fitbit. We are in the process of exploring program integration with some of the other popular fitness devices so that we can expand this point earning opportunity.

AARPTeri
Info Seeker +

Message 4 of 9 (400 Views)

I was wondering the same thing. I have tried to connect but cant find out how.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 9 (414 Views)

Agree with everyone here. I too have Garmin Vivofit and it's linked to 'myfitnesspal' which works well for me. I do 8-10,000+ steps every day--and I cannot log them here. Unfair. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 9 (491 Views)

I don't have either, but I walk 4.8 miles 5 times a week. I could track that on my Nano Ipod, but I don't. Still, if I could, I'd use that Nano to get R4G points.

I suspect the reason AARP allows only one brand of fitness tracker to be used to earn points is that Fitbit pays them to be promoted via R4G. 

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 9 (505 Views)

Me, too. It was a gift.  I wasn't able to afford the more expensive one, and if AARP is all about saving money, then I would think they would include all fitness bits.  But, I suspect there may be advertising support going on for the one special brand.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 9 (710 Views)
I also have VivoFit from Garmin and have the same question.
Info Seeker

Why only Fitbit

Message 9 of 9 (784 Views)

I have vivofit from Garmin. Why only fitbit. I really dont think it fair to only use on brand. I love my garmin. I walk 5 mile a day and I can't get points. This is **bleep**