The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Saying Hello.

Message 1 of 4 (132 Views)

ghardin50 wrote:

I agree with you on the learning and growing quotation. At 49 years of age I decided to go  back to school and get that loong elusive degree. At the age of 54 I graduated with that degree and life hasn't been better. I would like to say that I am employed, but cannot as employment has been very hard to find for this now 56 year old man. I am the editor for two newsletters for clients. It is a start, but not really the big explosion of job offers and experience I was hoping for. Smiley Happy

@ghardin50 Ageism is real. Unfortunately.  And the writing business has changed ... a lot. Have you studied SEO and timeline marketing? With Google Analytics certifications under your belt you can get freelance and steady work. (I got both beginner and advanced certifications in one week. You can do it!)

Best wishes.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 4 (136 Views)

I agree with you on the learning and growing quotation. At 49 years of age I decided to go  back to school and get that loong elusive degree. At the age of 54 I graduated with that degree and life hasn't been better. I would like to say that I am employed, but cannot as employment has been very hard to find for this now 56 year old man. I am the editor for two newsletters for clients. It is a start, but not really the big explosion of job offers and experience I was hoping for. Smiley Happy

Gregg C Hardin
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4 (153 Views)

Hi @charlenem236943 Charlie and welcome to the online community. Still getting in trouble with the 'rents, eh? Good on ya. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Saying Hello.

Message 4 of 4 (170 Views)

Hello my name is Charlie. It is what i go by and respond to. 

The other name is the legal one that is not used unless i am in trouble with my parents even at the pleasant youth of 50 years. LOL