The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly

Re: Rockville Maryland

Message 1 of 2 (82 Views)

Hey, hey, potential neighbor!    I can tell you everything you want to know about Montgomery County.    

I personally love the Kentlands, but let me know what your concerns are about not being toddler-friendly.  There are tons of kids there, and it is walkable.   Good schools, too.  One warning I'll give is check the particular street you are interested in.  These have been built so tight, that fire trucks have some trouble getting down a few of them. 

King Farm right in Rockville is similar.   It is split, school-wise.   Richard Montgomery is the preferred high school and Gaithersburg is not preferred, although everyone I know with kids there loves it.

If someone is commuting for work, I can help with that, too.  Traffic is a pain into DC, but IMO it's better than the Virginia side of things. 

On the internet side of thing, everyone has Comcast, and many places have Fios.  I have not had too much trouble in the 10+ years I've lived here. 

Welcome to AARP and MoCo.  Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Rockville Maryland

Message 2 of 2 (84 Views)

Greetings to all!

Just dropping in to introduce myself in order to connect with like minded individuals in our new home town. We've been steadily moving north since leaving Miami Florida in 1999 and we're where we want to be now. It wouldn't hurt if we found a cabin or B&B somewhere in southern Vermont but that is for the bucket list.

Anyway, we have children that live at home and we'll be moving to a single family home sometime in 2018 (we already have a realtor and bank) and have begun to drive the different areas on weekends to get a feel for the different areas. So far we really like Kendlands but it seems that it is not family (toddler) friendly... We want to make sure we have a walkable area that might include the basic shopping outlets like groceries and restaurants... and good internet connection! The last item might be too much to ask for and not too many choice... Oh well... Thanks for reading!