Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Hurricane Irma

Message 1 of 5 (103 Views)

@k793737m  Do take care.  Have you been through other hurricanes?

vita umbratilis
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5 (127 Views)
Stay safe Karen!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5 (127 Views)
Thank you for your words of support!
Silver Conversationalist

Message 4 of 5 (154 Views)

Hunkering down is about all you can do sometimes, and all of us here in the Mid Atlantic coast are wishing you all the best of luck.  For you, and your beautiful state.

Although, in my memory we have never been exacuated here in N. Delaware, I live next to an evacuation route here and we have already decided to stay if one is ordered. Around here, all it takes is one big accident and several evac routes will be parking lots.

Just some years ago an overhead sign on I-95 here fell down and blocked 2 lanes of a 5-lane Interstate and it paralyzed the whole area (I-95. I-295, Rts 40, 9 and 13) for most of the day.

All I can say is do your best to fortify your house and the very best of luck to you.

Info Seeker

Hurricane Irma

Message 5 of 5 (186 Views)

I'm 10 miles from the East Coast in Port St. Lucie Florida. We have not been evacuated and it wouldn't matter if we had because all of the roads are like a parking lot. We are hunkering down!i'm 10 miles from the East Coast in Port St. Lucie Florida. We have not been evacuated and it wouldn't matter if we had because all of the roads are like a parking lot. We are hunkering down

Karen