Latest Update on the Senate Health Care Bill — Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Watch Facebook Live

Conversationalist

Re: Hello

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 7 (119 Views)

Hi All, and Special Greetings to @MiriamLear

Your posts is refreshing and has much truth in it. The generalizations in it are really becoming quite the norm. Country, community and world is vastly filled with more "not nice" than "nice." And I do not mean "nice" which promulgates false plastic behaviors and mannerisms either. I mean looking into the eyes of another human being and realizing, no understanding, that there is life behind those eyes. One quotes it this way, "The eyes are the window of the soul." And a more authoritative quote , "The light of the body is the eye, therefore if your eye be single, your whole body will be full of light." -- Matthew 6:22-24. Understanding that just as you "see" the value of your own life how can you not see the value of someone else's life, needful things, environment, loved ones, rights, happiness and basic human needs as well. I believe that this understanding is very basic, foundational and one would surmise ought be germane to who we are and must be as humankind.

There is peace and love in the "golden rule, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." That brings me to another biblical verse, "Love your neighbor as yourself." Can you imagine if we loved everyone the nearest to us (as we love ourselves) how peaceful and pleasant life would be. When I was growing up . . . it was called care, manners and respect. Simple.

The material is only useful to us in its use. If it truly meets a need. We all need a chair to sit in, choose the one that will accomodate your need best. I will do the same and sit at the table that I also choose and eat. I am sure you will also. Yet, to place anything material above human life, animal life, plant life, air,earth, water, and other sustaining sources is destructive, selfish and out right ignorant. It is the youngest among us, even a child who knows that he or she needs others and these things to live.  

When we get pass the basics we often run into the complexities of living. We actually make things more complex for ourselves and own good. I have no problem with advancements in technology, industry, and other results of STEM degreed individuals. What I do find quite problematic is when we advance against ourselves and foolishly neglect the sanctity and promise of simply living in humanity. Living with conscious the one for the good of all and all for the good of anyone of us.

I am strongly convicted about this and mostly speak to it in one to one conversations. That is conversations where two people are sincerely listening and hearing one another. Because if we, who are the older experienced generation do not tell the younger how things once were, what we have learned, and what we know must be done now to "save" us all and if we do not responsibly charge them both in our generation and in their's it will become more and more difficult to simply live anywhere on the planet at all.

Another authoritative quote, "The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity but a wounded spirit . . . who can bear it?" -- Proverbs 18:14. We must consider that we are more than the physical, we do have a spirit and a soul along with this body and that by considering our truly authentic spiritual identity we get in touch with The One Who made us all and everything that we can "see" that we know basically and genuinely could not have been originated by us.

Truly we need much higher intelligence than what we can come up with through our limited and biased minds. Quite frankly, yes, we need a Savior.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 7 (168 Views)

MiriamLear wrote:

No, don't think its clinical.  I have lived a long long life.   Nothing anyone does shocks or surprises me.   There is no unimaginable horror that people can do.  I guess I'm bored and tired of it.   I want to be more and there is so much potential to be much more in people.   We (me) wasted most of my life trying to fit into an illusionary culture.   When I reached old age I began to see through the illusions.  Unfortunately my brain has been well programmed and some of the mountains are difficult to climb.   However, I will work at changing until I draw my last breath.   I am old (close to 80 and I do not think like a younger person).   I began to change in my early 60's and have been on the road to change for close to 20 years.   As Scott Peak has said "The Road Less Traveled," and sure enough it is an unfamiliar empty road.  

As one who has lived life as the virtual exception to every rule, I can say this: it's rather wonderful outside the norm. Enjoy! Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 7 (175 Views)

No, don't think its clinical.  I have lived a long long life.   Nothing anyone does shocks or surprises me.   There is no unimaginable horror that people can do.  I guess I'm bored and tired of it.   I want to be more and there is so much potential to be much more in people.   We (me) wasted most of my life trying to fit into an illusionary culture.   When I reached old age I began to see through the illusions.  Unfortunately my brain has been well programmed and some of the mountains are difficult to climb.   However, I will work at changing until I draw my last breath.   I am old (close to 80 and I do not think like a younger person).   I began to change in my early 60's and have been on the road to change for close to 20 years.   As Scott Peak has said "The Road Less Traveled," and sure enough it is an unfamiliar empty road.  

Message 4 of 7 (185 Views)

MiriamLear wrote:

My mind/soul is often on the great universe.   Even though this mystery is with me constantly I still have to live in this material world.   Sometimes materialism takes over and instead of fulfilling the purpose of trying to know a drop of the spiritual world, I become immeshed in the smallness of materialism.   I am hit with severe sadness and depression when materialism rules me.      Anyway thank  you for your response.  

@MiriamLear That's a horse of a different color, isn't it? Having always been far more minimalist than materialistic I cannot begin to help you. Heck, I haven't been to a mall in years. 

If you are talking about clinical depression, you will do well to talk with your doctor. 

Best wishes.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Conversationalist

Message 5 of 7 (196 Views)

My mind/soul is often on the great universe.   Even though this mystery is with me constantly I still have to live in this material world.   Sometimes materialism takes over and instead of fulfilling the purpose of trying to know a drop of the spiritual world, I become immeshed in the smallness of materialism.   I am hit with severe sadness and depression when materialism rules me.      Anyway thank  you for your response.  

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 7 (219 Views)

MiriamLear wrote:

Spiritually I am Little Bear.   I have problems with this material world.   I find it difficult to understand how people cannot care for each other or disrespect and abuse each other, the planet and anything else that doesn't fit into their existence.   I am at a loss to understand the meaness that pervades human nature and how we are unwilling to know that our material world ends when we die.   I do not understand the pleasure people get from feeling superior to others and whatever else they care to feel superior to.   I do not understand why people do not feel a part of the world we live in.   I do not understand why people need to conquer or have power over others.   Forgive me for not understanding, but I see an extremely destructive specie which cares nothing about the destruction it causes.   Again these are generalizations.   There are people who believe in the sanctity of life and acceptance of all living beings.   I have not met many.  

@MiriamLear Hey, hi, howdy-do and welcome.

So Miriam, I can relate. I'm one of those tree hugging whack jobs you read about who is busy trying to save the earth. I live as if the planet matters, and have since I was a kid. Indeed, because I think the planet matters (along with other reasons) I chose not to have kids. I've lived off-grid. I've grown most everything I eat, organically. I also grow and prepare my own herbal medicines, forage wild foods, live in a passive solar abode. I conserve water and power. I have poured myself into education efforts. Yadda, yadda, yadda and blah di blah. And I wrote (preached, really) all about it for myriad magazines and blogs.

And still ... well ... you know how it is: nothing changed.

I have stopped preaching. I have not stopped my personal conservation habits, though I rarely talk about them because frankly nobody was listening, and given a chance that dynamic will make you nuts. Smiley Happy

So here's my point: live as you will. Offer the best example you can. And know that others will likewise live as they will. This is a matter of morality, or at least that is how it looks to me. And try though we might, you cannot legislate morality. Be grateful for the now. Give back peace and acceptance. And live a long happy, healthy life. Smiley Happy

Conversationalist

Hello

Message 7 of 7 (244 Views)

Spiritually I am Little Bear.   I have problems with this material world.   I find it difficult to understand how people cannot care for each other or disrespect and abuse each other, the planet and anything else that doesn't fit into their existence.   I am at a loss to understand the meaness that pervades human nature and how we are unwilling to know that our material world ends when we die.   I do not understand the pleasure people get from feeling superior to others and whatever else they care to feel superior to.   I do not understand why people do not feel a part of the world we live in.   I do not understand why people need to conquer or have power over others.   Forgive me for not understanding, but I see an extremely destructive specie which cares nothing about the destruction it causes.   Again these are generalizations.   There are people who believe in the sanctity of life and acceptance of all living beings.   I have not met many.