How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Hello from South Carolina!

Message 1 of 5 (38 Views)

@m63968d And if anyone looks at you funny when you give them a bogus age, you can just grin from ear to ear because, hey, they don't need to know the truth anyway. Smiley Happy

I'm looking forward to reading your posts. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 5 (41 Views)

Thanks so much for the welcome, @Epster, and for the suggestion. It's a great idea!  

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 5 (65 Views)

m63968d wrote:

Good morning, everyone! I am having a hard time dealing with turning 50 this month, but being able to join AARP makes it a little less painful.  Smiley LOL    

Hi @m63968d And welcome to the online community! I hope you'll join some of the conversations happening here, and maybe you'll post new topics as well. Smiley Happy

So where does the time go, eh? And what happened to my teenaged face, anyway? Smiley Happy

I had a stupid little trick for dealing with aging. I'm 58 now, but told everyone when I was 29 that I was 30. When I was 39 I said I was 40. When I was 49 I said I was 50. I bet I'll tell people I'm 60 next year. Smiley Happy This gave me an extra year to get used to the new age bracket, you see. 

Truth is, you are as old as you feel. So take care of yourself and enjoy the later years: you've earned them! Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5 (106 Views)

m63968d wrote:

Good morning, everyone! I am having a hard time dealing with turning 50 this month, but being able to join AARP makes it a little less painful.  Smiley LOL    

@m63968d - Welcome to "Online Community"! Many of us here are way past 50, and enjoying life .. so I'm wondering why you're having a hard time dealing with turning 50! I'm turning 65 this summer, an even bigger "milestone" .. I don't feel it, don't think I look it, and it's just a meaningless number to me.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

Hello from South Carolina!

Message 5 of 5 (113 Views)