Latest Update on the Senate Health Care Bill — Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Watch Facebook Live

Super Social Butterfly

Re: Hello From Southern California

Message 1 of 3 (150 Views)

I'm a 87 year old mother of 4, grandmother of 5 young men and great grandmother of 2 young women. I retired from a 40 year career as an Arts Administrator and now live in an 150 year old farmhouse with my  Chiropractor daughter in an isolated area of Northeastern NY.    We have one old dog and 4 cats and deer, coyotes, wild Turkey's, etc., etc. around the farm.   Right now there are 16  cows and one bull grazing in the pasture outside my window. I knit patterned hats for various charities. Last winter I sent 30 knit hats to Syrian Refugees Resettlement in Rutlalnd,  Vt.  The winter is very cold there so I hope it helped keep them warm.

These Forums brighten my day. I love hearing who you are. 

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Hello From Southern California

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)

@pvdugas Hi Phyllis and welcome back. Smiley Happy

I'm a 58 year old life long artist who has dabbled in everything from TV production and singing in performance choirs to handwoven fabric and paper sculpture. It'll be good to have another creative around. Smiley Happy There have recently been photographers, writers and painters sign on, but I'm not sure where they've gone.

I agree with you on the AARP publications. 

Again, welcome back. Smiley Wink

Epster, Colorado

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Conversationalist

Hello From Southern California

Message 3 of 3 (194 Views)

I joined this community in 2010 and somehow forgot about it. My name is Phyllis and I am 59 years young. I work in the legal profession and am looking forward to retirement. I have many interests, art, interior design, music, and a good debate. LOL!  I have been a volunteer for over 15 years with different organizations. I enjoy AARP magazine and look forward to them every month. Awesome job and very informative.  I have a cat, his name is Wesley. My favorite pastime is anything creative. It's nice to meet you all.

That which you attempt to control...controls you - Iyanla Vanzant