Join the Summer of Service to SeniorsSM - sign AARP Foundation's banner

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Greetings from the Shenandoah Valley

Message 1 of 5 (147 Views)

It really is a special place.  The caves are amazing, the South Fork of the Shenandoah runs backwards, there's abundant water and the soil is good so things grow here quite well.  I keep expanding my herb garden and vegetable gardens and I just love it.

Love that movie, too, though there are some tough scenes in it.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5 (151 Views)

Welcome, Piper, and congratulations on your new found personal time.

As a former Northern Virginian, I must agree that the Shenandoah Valley is indeed beutiful....many life gems are tucked in them hills.  From all the wonderful trails and caverns, to the skiing, canoeing, fishing and arts, couldn't think of a more wonderful place to push the creative buttons.

Have you seen the classic Jimmy Stewart movie, "Shenandoah"? A must see....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 5 (200 Views)

It's nice to have the time to grow things and do the creative things now. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)

Hello, howdy, welcome! Nice to have an ever growing population of creatives here.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Greetings from the Shenandoah Valley

Message 5 of 5 (216 Views)

Hi.  I'm Piper.  I'm a sculptor, singer, writer, songwriter.  I used to be a litigator.  Now I live on a mountain in the Shenandoah Valley, overlooking the beautiful Shenandoah River.  What a difference from fighting daily traffic around DC!!