Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Info Seeker

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 51 of 199 (479 Views)

Hello all.  I'm with you all trying to figure this all out.  I'm from Illinois and excited to meet new friends.  At this point I really don't have a lot to say.  Have aggregate evening all. 

Conversationalist

Message 52 of 199 (519 Views)

I hope I'm not replying to just one person, I'm assuming (?) this goes on the general board?

I don't know how this works, otherwise, than to click on "reply".

I have been reading a few of the Newbies Introductions... this is literally only my 3rd or 4th post.

I'm Jack, I live on the central OR coast. We were just in the 4th/July parade, which is always exciting... this was our 4th time in parade.

August 5th is going to be our 12th Annual Pirate Treasure Hunt, in Depoe Bay, OR. (Check a map, it's a very small town right on the water!) Come one, come all, and have piratical fun! Man LOL Cat Very Happy

Silver Conversationalist

Message 53 of 199 (463 Views)
Welcome! As a New England transplant to NC, I would be happy to share with you insights to living in NC! PM me with specific questions but overall it can be overwhelming to adjust to a new region if you are leaving behind generations of family history but it has been great. I'm in a college town so I have access to great activities and opportunities, I still enjoy the change of seasons (though it is mostly temperate and in the odd 1 or 2 snow days EVERYTHING shuts down and then goes away without much fuss) and the cost of living is wonderful. Both mountains and beaches are accessible and international airports are a cinch. Crappy public primary and high schools but primo state and private universities. Great sports. Crappy politics (which makes activism a great pastime).
~Sheila...'stand at the window as the tears scald and start; you shall love your crooked neighbour with your crooked heart' Auden
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 199 (451 Views)

WELCOME,

To all!!!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 55 of 199 (463 Views)

Hi I'm Julie also a newbie from Calfornia🤗🤗🤗🤗

JMD
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Just renewed today after a few years' hiatus

Message 56 of 199 (461 Views)

I'm Julie from Santa Monica , California a newbie at AARP

JMD
Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Just renewed today after a few years' hiatus

Message 57 of 199 (456 Views)

WELCOME Lee Ann,

YOU are a woman with many hats! I am Nancy, from New Jersey. I have a daughter who is ALSO vegan.

Info Seeker

Message 58 of 199 (455 Views)

I'm Carolyn, living in Houston TX since 1997.  It's super hot here right now, but we have gorgeous spring and fall seasons. 

Info Seeker

Just renewed today after a few years' hiatus

Message 59 of 199 (453 Views)

Hi All, Lee Ann here, living in Tennessee and loving it, originally from New England (brrr!). I'm a self-employed book editor, ballroom instructor, and dog sitter. Political activist since August 2016. Centrist. Vegan. Looking for new friends.

Info Seeker

Message 60 of 199 (458 Views)

Another newbie knocking at the door.  Still trying to figure out this site.