Wills, Trusts and Legal Musts Tonight on AARP Live 10 p.m. ET Online or on RFD-TV

Info Seeker

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

[ Edited ]
Message 31 of 186 (323 Views)

Hello Mary;

I'm new to this forum, but have been retired due to medical issues for about a century.  I was one of the lucky guys who got busted up enough that I don't have to work anymore. Yea  I don't really recommend it, tho.  If your back gets broke, It will mess up your whole day.  

About to get used to it, altho I doubt if I'll ever get to liking it.  A lot of things I don't do anymore, A lot of things I CAN'T do anymore.   

Oh well;  Learn from yesterday

Hope for tomorrow            

Live for today
Cole

Conversationalist

Message 32 of 186 (370 Views)

Ahoy all. Jack Sparrow here. OR coast. The 4th/July Parade was loads of fun! 

We used to have a '95 Mitsubishi Montero for 11 years -- have finally retired the ol' girl -- our new "Car/Truck/Land-Yacht/SUV/Beastie-Thing" (as I call her) is a new, shiny 2012 Jeep Liberty. Reason I bring that up, is 'cause the Mitsi was a shiny turquoise, I brought her home & painter her black, with the Jack Rackham (skull & swords) on the doors & hood. The Jeep's color is named "Black Crystal" -- she's BEAUTIFUL! Came (to me) with the Rackham decaled on her already.

Her 1st appearance in the parade, with me sittin' atop.

Nice sunburn. lol.

So anyway - we're advertising that our Pirate Treasure Hunt (12th Annual) is on Aug. 5th, in Depoe Bay, OR. Come One, Come All. Fun will have been had! Get out a map -- Depoe Bay is very tine, on the Central OR Coast! All proceeds to our Local Food Bank. Thanks very much.

(when this event is over, I'll talk about something else, lol)

Info Seeker

Message 33 of 186 (377 Views)

Hello my name is Terris...and I am a newbie. How are you ?

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 186 (379 Views)

WELCOME TO ALL

LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING ALL THE GREAT STORIES

Info Seeker

Message 35 of 186 (385 Views)

Hi, We are Susan and Gary from Jax FL. Planning on traveling in our new travel trailer soon. any Rvers out there? 

Info Seeker

Message 36 of 186 (380 Views)

HELLO: I'M FROM GLENS FALLS, NY. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME USING THIS BORARD TOO. I HOPE WE CAN FIGURE THIS OUT TOGHTER.

N.W.

Info Seeker

Message 37 of 186 (375 Views)

OMG.  It was supposed to be a great evening.   Stupid autocorrect. Haha

Info Seeker

Message 38 of 186 (355 Views)

Hello all.  I'm with you all trying to figure this all out.  I'm from Illinois and excited to meet new friends.  At this point I really don't have a lot to say.  Have aggregate evening all. 

Conversationalist

Message 39 of 186 (389 Views)

I hope I'm not replying to just one person, I'm assuming (?) this goes on the general board?

I don't know how this works, otherwise, than to click on "reply".

I have been reading a few of the Newbies Introductions... this is literally only my 3rd or 4th post.

I'm Jack, I live on the central OR coast. We were just in the 4th/July parade, which is always exciting... this was our 4th time in parade.

August 5th is going to be our 12th Annual Pirate Treasure Hunt, in Depoe Bay, OR. (Check a map, it's a very small town right on the water!) Come one, come all, and have piratical fun! Man LOL Cat Very Happy

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 40 of 186 (332 Views)
Welcome! As a New England transplant to NC, I would be happy to share with you insights to living in NC! PM me with specific questions but overall it can be overwhelming to adjust to a new region if you are leaving behind generations of family history but it has been great. I'm in a college town so I have access to great activities and opportunities, I still enjoy the change of seasons (though it is mostly temperate and in the odd 1 or 2 snow days EVERYTHING shuts down and then goes away without much fuss) and the cost of living is wonderful. Both mountains and beaches are accessible and international airports are a cinch. Crappy public primary and high schools but primo state and private universities. Great sports. Crappy politics (which makes activism a great pastime).
~Sheila...'stand at the window as the tears scald and start; you shall love your crooked neighbour with your crooked heart' Auden