AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Info Seeker +

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 11 of 210

Photo taken 2015Photo taken 2015Hello from Georgia. I'm looking forward to exchanging chats, information, thoughts, ideas,  etc. with all of you.

I'm a single, retired school teacher who enjoys life and people in general.

Volunteer work has always been important to me in community where I live/civic/church/school. One example: I volunteer teach illiterate adults reading at the public library. A very rewarding experience because these adults really want to learn.

Again, I look forward to meeting all of you active members.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker +

Message 12 of 210

Hi I’m Kim. I live in Manassas Virginia. I have three children and 7 grandchildren. I live with and care for my elderly mother while working full time. After 44 years of marriage I sadly lost my husband to cancer 9 month ago. I look forward to interacting with people whom have similar experiences and meeting new friends in the community.

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
Groucho Marx
Conversationalist

Message 13 of 210

I am a wife, Mom to 14 and 16 year old daughters. I don't have any siblings per se. I oversee and manage the care of my Mom who has advanced MS. She is non weight bearing and has live in caregivers. She has always managed her life and finances by herself. Recently she has cognitive decline and I have to find a way to talk to her about taking over her finances, overseeing her finances and managing the caregivers to make sure that they do not take advantage of her. She will run out of money within the next 3-5 years and I have no idea what to do when that happens. I will have kids in college when that happens. I am extremely stressed about this. 

Conversationalist

Message 14 of 210

Oh, hey, another "call me for business" ad. Are you here to attract friends, or to attract business? (rhetorical) just sayin'.  Cat Tongue

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 210

newpics.JPGHi, my name is Carolyn.  It's great to connect with all of you.  Looking forward to learning the many things this community has to offer.  I am a licensed realtor on Long Island, NY. 

Carolyn A. Best
Conversationalist

Message 16 of 210

Ahoy. My wife and I live in the little Central Oregon Coastal town of Lincoln City, OR.

We both grew up in big cities, but really enjoy the small town here.  She is a Blackfoor Indian, and I am a pirate... descended from Pirates.  I had a promise of getting my own ship once, but, typically, the promise was reniged. Thanks for taking an interest. Jack. 

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 210
Hi This is Mary.
Info Seeker

Message 18 of 210

Ahoy Jack! ⚓️

I 🌹 am originally from the Cocoa Beach 🌊🏝 , FL and Cape Canaveral 🚀🛰, FL area. I 🌹 live in the big city 🌃 of Tampa 🎭🎨🎫, FL now.

You?

Conversationalist

Message 19 of 210
What part of the country do you live in? That might help, especially if you might, oneway, want to actually meet people, and make "real" friends. Smiley Wink
Info Seeker

Message 20 of 210

Hi 👋 Newbie! ☺️

I'm 🌹 a newbie too! Your introduction caught my eye because I am a history buff also. My grandfather 👴 peaked my interest in history when I was young. His interest was in the Civil War because he was born in the south. I was born in the Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, Florida area. I live in Tampa, Florida now. 

I am a 59 year old single young lady. 😉 When I was attending college my history professor 👨‍🏫 recommended that I become a history professor because I always aced his tests. I wish I had followed his advice, but my interests at the time took me in another direction. I obtained my Bachelors degree in Gerontology and am one semester away from my Masters degree in Public Health. I am currently using my Gerontology training for volunteer opportunities in my church.

I consider myself to be retired also, but I have been on Social Security Disability for the past three years. I would enjoy 😊 learning more about you.

Have a blessed day! 🙏🏻☀️