The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 151 of 210 (527 Views)

Me also, they are hard to find and almost always the same ones - I never get the extra points for being an AARP Member. A little thing comes up asking if I want to join or renew! That's so weird because my membership doesn't expire until 2/2019. So, that's pretty much a scam in my book!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 152 of 210 (511 Views)

Valiums! 

Info Seeker

Message 153 of 210 (527 Views)

I am Bonnie, new to this forum. I am a writer, owned by four cats, and love cozy mysteries.

Social Butterfly

Message 154 of 210 (457 Views)

I'm now a caregiver to my husband, aged 64, who has multiple system atrophy, type C (cerebellar). He can barely move using a walker and will soon be going to a wheelchair or scooter. His speech is affected somewhat, too, as is his fine motor skills somewhat. Thankfully, he is not in pain and it does not affect his mind. He will slowly decline over the next few years. There is no treatment for this disease. I'm new to all this, so I'm hoping I can get some tips here.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 155 of 210 (429 Views)

@t399366l   Hi Theresa.  You certainly do have a tough job to do.  I hope you have a good support system around you for both morale and physical support. You may want to check with your local county and maybe the senior center near where you are. Around here, we have a program a couple times a month so that care givers can bring their spouse or partner to the center for a few hours a couple times a month, and have them cared for while the other has a little free time. It isn't much, but sometimes, just a little help can be a lifesaver. You may also want to check on-line for some care-givers support groups. Just having a safe place to express yourself or get advice, can do a lot.  Kudos to you. I know you are doing the best you can.

Info Seeker

Message 156 of 210 (405 Views)

Hi, I'm Teresa. I am my husbands caregiver. He is a paraplegic due to a spinal cord injury. It is the most challenging job that I have ever had. I am disabled due to degenerated disc disease. I'm looking to see how other spouses cope. 

Teresa
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 157 of 210 (397 Views)

n566192l wrote:

Does anyone know how to earn rewards for goods points, after all the quizzes are completed? I'm so LOST

@n566192l Yes. I have posted extensively about this issue. Search for r4g earn points to find those posts. Best wishes!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Gold Conversationalist

Message 158 of 210 (420 Views)

Under 10,000 miles & no other agency (iPhone keyboard too small, sorry 😐)!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 159 of 210 (427 Views)

First: 1200 Sportster CLL

Second: $1,000,000 in jewelry

Anothet agency here - no, all the same. Good ole boys club with power issues, shoot first - ask questions never! 

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 160 of 210 (436 Views)

@SusieC51  Hi Susie.  On your last post you mention something being stolen.  I am wondering what it was.  Bummer about no police report. Is there another agency in the state who you could report it to?

Good luck on that.    That would be a hard lost.