Watch Tonight for Tips to Save Money on Pricey Prescription Drugs at 10 p.m. ET on AARP LIVE! Watch Here

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 91 of 220

The coast of NC is so nice that I used to fly from SD each year to go there! The water and beaches are so much cleaner and void of crowds of unruly people. And, so much culture and history (i.e. Wright's Beach, Nags Head & the lighthouse, which about killed my daughter and I walking up all those stairs)! Lake Lure (where Dirty Dancing was filmed) and Chimney Rock - also made that hike, near Hendersonville! So much to do and see! Enjoy, Susie

Report Inappropriate Content
Gold Conversationalist

Message 92 of 220

Good morning Margaret! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Having a lot of medical testing done this week which involves needles and tubes - I like neither! So stressed out about it, I just stayed in the house and binge watched the original Twin Peaks series! I did make it to our local farmers market! It poured rain last night so I decided not to go out with my little family to watch fireworks. Not feeling too patriotic these days! Take care, Susie

Info Seeker

Message 93 of 220

Hi Susie,

Thank you so much for such a nice welcome and the info!

I look forward to speaking with you again.

Margaret

Gold Conversationalist

Message 94 of 220

Welcome! It's not an easy site, just sayin' - I never know where my replies are, or if the person I'm actually replying to is seeing it. Such a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing it!

Info Seeker

Message 95 of 220

Hi!

My name is Margaret. I am new as of today July 2, 2017. This is my favorite picture of me with my grandchildren. IMG_0025.JPG

I look forward to hearing from you!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 96 of 220

I believe most of on here have that in common, loving to travel! Just wish I could to do it. And, my dogs would think that I had abandoned them! I just keep dreaming of staying in a beach house every summer, biking around, eating seafood and walking on the beach! That's the dream anyway!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 97 of 220

That's where my mother was born, it's a lovely city in a beautiful state! Wish I were there!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 98 of 220

Marie, I would prefer NC than where I picked - it was actually my first choice so I could get to the Outer Banks faster! While I was not born there, my entire family (13 or more generations) was! It's beautiful, the food is amazing and the people have manners!

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's intrioduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 99 of 220

SusieC51 wrote:

Enjoy and welcome! Being an ex-Cali girl, I've been to Oregon many times. Especially loved Bandon on the cliffs! I visited Roseberg about 3 years ago but didn't get to see to much on that very strange visit! I certainly miss the west coast and all the wonderful food. The meme in my head is , "California Girl Stuck in an Arkansas World." Because once you leave, there's not enough money to move all the way back! 

SusieC51 wrote:

Enjoy and welcome! Being an ex-Cali girl, I've been to Oregon many times. Especially loved Bandon on the cliffs! I visited Roseberg about 3 years ago but didn't get to see to much on that very strange visit! I certainly miss the west coast and all the wonderful food. The meme in my head is , "California Girl Stuck in an Arkansas World." Because once you leave, there's not enough money to move all the way back! 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 100 of 220