Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 1 of 210 (172 Views)

richardsonchristine wrote:
I'll be back later for a longer conversation. Love your post.

Hi @richardsonchristine! Welcome to the online community. Looking forward to your posts!

Hello!-designstyle-hello-m.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 210 (183 Views)
I'll be back later for a longer conversation. Love your post.
Christine Richardson

Message 3 of 210 (222 Views)

klmajor wrote:

Hello!

My name is Kathy and I've been "retired" from Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for five years now. My husband will still be working for another six years. We have been married for 34 years and have a grown son. No grands. I took leave of the best (paying) job in the world to help my mom as she aged and ultimately passed away. Then we started construction work on our house and with two senior dogs, I have been holding down the fort and making sure they are comfortable around all the noise and new goings on. I love my pups but am looking forward to getting out in the world again! We both love being outdoors for gardening, hiking, camping, etc. That being the case, we are advocats for a healthy and vibrant earth. We are very politically inclined and follow events closely. 

AARP seems to be right up our alley :-D

Hi there!Hi there!

Hi @klmajor Kathy and welcome to the online community.

Sounds like you are in the right place, all right. Enjoy!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 210 (233 Views)

Hello!

My name is Kathy and I've been "retired" from Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for five years now. My husband will still be working for another six years. We have been married for 34 years and have a grown son. No grands. I took leave of the best (paying) job in the world to help my mom as she aged and ultimately passed away. Then we started construction work on our house and with two senior dogs, I have been holding down the fort and making sure they are comfortable around all the noise and new goings on. I love my pups but am looking forward to getting out in the world again! We both love being outdoors for gardening, hiking, camping, etc. That being the case, we are advocats for a healthy and vibrant earth. We are very politically inclined and follow events closely. 

AARP seems to be right up our alley :-D

Info Seeker

Re: Just renewed today after a few years' hiatus

Message 5 of 210 (271 Views)
Hi My name is Dawn from Iowa

Message 6 of 210 (290 Views)

waves45jl wrote:

HI, Recently retired last March. I have 5 grandchildren. 3 on the East Coast and 2 in Arizonia. We have 2 Shih Tzu dogs that are 13 and 15 years old. Would like to travel to the National Parks here and there.

Summer was not too exciting as I broke my ankle and am just starting to be able to walk with a cane. Hope to get out of this walking boot next Friday. Fingers crossed my surgeon says okay.

Julia

Hi @waves45jl Julia and welcome to the online community! I join you in your hope that your walking boot is removed next Friday! Smiley Happy  Maybe you'll be able to travel to a national park or two this winter?

hello_cloud.png

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 210 (296 Views)

HI, Recently retired last March. I have 5 grandchildren. 3 on the East Coast and 2 in Arizonia. We have 2 Shih Tzu dogs that are 13 and 15 years old. Would like to travel to the National Parks here and there.

Summer was not too exciting as I broke my ankle and am just starting to be able to walk with a cane. Hope to get out of this walking boot next Friday. Fingers crossed my surgeon says okay.

Julia

Message 8 of 210 (312 Views)

j897749s wrote:

Hello my name is Janet. Enjoying my age. I have 4 children and waiting for the grands... None as yet. My hubby and I live in NY and working towards retirement planning in the next 10 years 

Hi @j897749s, Janet, and welcome to the online community. 

It's good to enjoy the age you are! Good for you! Smiley Happy DH and I are in the home stretch of retirement as well. 

hello 4.jpg

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 210 (316 Views)

Hello my name is Janet. Enjoying my age. I have 4 children and waiting for the grands... None as yet. My hubby and I live in NY and working towards retirement planning in the next 10 years 

Message 10 of 210 (333 Views)

annej388808 wrote:

Photo taken 2015Photo taken 2015Hello from Georgia. I'm looking forward to exchanging chats, information, thoughts, ideas,  etc. with all of you.

I'm a single, retired school teacher who enjoys life and people in general.

Volunteer work has always been important to me in community where I live/civic/church/school. One example: I volunteer teach illiterate adults reading at the public library. A very rewarding experience because these adults really want to learn.

Again, I look forward to meeting all of you active members.

@annej388808  Hi! (waves)  Nice to have you here. I hope you have had a chance to look around and that you've found topics of interest. If you have questions, ask away. Somebody will saunter by with an answer. Smiley Happy

Gorgeous photo. Your hair is beautiful, btw. Smiley Happy

glittery hello.gif