Join AARP in Celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Nominate Someone for the AAPI Hero Award

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 1 of 43 (12 Views)

Good morning all!!  I hail from a small town in Delaware, have been married to my husband for 40 years next month and currently live in San Diego.  We have two girls, one in Phoenix and one in France who is getting married next month there!!  Hope you all have a blessed day!!

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 43 (30 Views)

Hello to all. I'm logging in for the 1st time. I'm retired now. I'm in San Marcos, Texas. Anyone else from this area of TX.?  I'll check back.  

Mary Zeravica
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 43 (60 Views)

Hello everybody. Stopping in to check things out. I haven't retired yet, still working my butt off.  I am looking forward to that day though, so that all I have to do is ride my Harley!!!!

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 43 (104 Views)

Hello, I am Angie and existed to really take advantage of all that a AARP has to offer. I have been a member of AARP for several years and just recently started this new chapter in my life called retired from day to day, 8 to 5ish but not ready to completely sit under a shade tree in North Carolina, especially with the pollen. 

I am am looking forward to sharing on the community site and perhaps meet some new people. 

Grateful for for this day. Decluttering and exploring new, creative ventures. 

Have an Awesome Day!!!

Caregiving for the Soul
Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 43 (147 Views)

@j518945m   Welcome to retirement!  I was on here years ago, and then just sort of rediscoved the site again in the past month or two. It's a nice resource. Traveling to all the national parks in the lower 48 within the system was part of my bucket list when I bought my RV. I never made it to them all, my brain and desire was making plans that my energy level could not live up to.

I too am single and found that living in a small college town in NM gave me some great entertainment opportunities and at a very resonable rate.  Then after 15 years I wanted to move back up north to spend more time with quickly growning grandkids and make it easier for my sons and their families to all get together. 

Getting used to the layout and how things work on here can take a while.  Stay with it.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 6 of 43 (213 Views)

Rainbows to you from Colorado springs.

I love being a Grandma and Volunteering at my church.

I enjoy singing with and painting with my Grands.

They are delightful !

I enjoy all the moments with them.

Time is moving too fast.

I drink tea. I have found a tea that tastes like coffee.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 43 (218 Views)

G'morning from NYC.   I'm new on here.   Just retired three months ago....am single....so I am trying to adjust to lifestyle with less money and more time..  : )        Being here in nyc, there is much to offer to keep me busy, but thus far I find myself relying heavily on my local neighborhood library for cost-free entertainment.    I've rediscovered my love of books ....and movies...         I enjoy traveling and try to get out to Calif at least once or twice a year.   The national parks are calling me for sure!  

Off for a cup of joe now, so I'll catch up w/you guys tomorrow.

Enjoy this glorious day!

Jan

Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 43 (251 Views)
I'm an avid reader too. I just finished reading "The Circle" by Dave Eggers. I wanted to read it before seeing the movie. I've decided that I will go see the movie. The idea of Tom Hanks being the "heavy" had me thinking twice about it. Plus I wasn't sure about the psychological aspect of the thriller. I am kind of a techy type, having done tech support before it all moved to India, so that part of it had me fascinated.
Info Seeker

Message 9 of 43 (262 Views)

I am Cval- live in Maryland.I have taught all levels of public school and will retire next year.

I'm interested in discussing books, technology, gardening, and traveling.

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 43 (264 Views)

I am a teacher who has taught all levels and will retire next year.