Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Periodic Contributor

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Hi, I'm Mary. I'm new to these threads but am excited by the opportunities to learn and connect.  I love AARP.  I'm very newly retired, live in the midwest, and there are SO MANY opportunities.

If you want to make connections with me and other Newbies, reply to this thread.  I'm seeing many starting individual threads/topics which will make it difficult to connect, just due to shear volume.

Hope to hear from you

Mary
Kudos
Views
Replies
Recognized Social Butterfly

WELCOME Cole,

Yes back issues are rough. I know all to well. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE COMMUNITY, both reading and posting. EPSTER ROCKS on the REWARDS POINTS. JUST follow the tags posted. EPSTER, has helped me get to 6 digits. Nancy

Regular Contributor

Ahoy all. Jack Sparrow here. OR coast. The 4th/July Parade was loads of fun! 

We used to have a '95 Mitsubishi Montero for 11 years -- have finally retired the ol' girl -- our new "Car/Truck/Land-Yacht/SUV/Beastie-Thing" (as I call her) is a new, shiny 2012 Jeep Liberty. Reason I bring that up, is 'cause the Mitsi was a shiny turquoise, I brought her home & painter her black, with the Jack Rackham (skull & swords) on the doors & hood. The Jeep's color is named "Black Crystal" -- she's BEAUTIFUL! Came (to me) with the Rackham decaled on her already.

Her 1st appearance in the parade, with me sittin' atop.

Nice sunburn. lol.

So anyway - we're advertising that our Pirate Treasure Hunt (12th Annual) is on Aug. 5th, in Depoe Bay, OR. Come One, Come All. Fun will have been had! Get out a map -- Depoe Bay is very tine, on the Central OR Coast! All proceeds to our Local Food Bank. Thanks very much.

(when this event is over, I'll talk about something else, lol)

Contributor

Hello my name is Terris...and I am a newbie. How are you ?

Contributor

Hi, We are Susan and Gary from Jax FL. Planning on traveling in our new travel trailer soon. any Rvers out there? 

WELCOME TO ALL

LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING ALL THE GREAT STORIES

Contributor

Hello all.  I'm with you all trying to figure this all out.  I'm from Illinois and excited to meet new friends.  At this point I really don't have a lot to say.  Have aggregate evening all. 

HELLO: I'M FROM GLENS FALLS, NY. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME USING THIS BORARD TOO. I HOPE WE CAN FIGURE THIS OUT TOGHTER.

N.W.

Regular Contributor

Me too I'm new n have a hard time posting!!!! How do I put a picture on my post? Anyone pls help...I'm Julie, from Glendale, CA

JMD
Honored Social Butterfly

@j952579d wrote:

Me too I'm new n have a hard time posting!!!! How do I put a picture on my post? Anyone pls help...I'm Julie, from Glendale, CA

@j952579d  Hello and welcome to the online community!

Here's how to post images. Above your composition screen you'll find a row of icons that look like the image below..

AARPComposition Screen Icons.png

Select Photos.

From there you can either drag and drop your photos or click the Choose Files button to upload an image from your computer.

Photo Feature Drag and Drop or Choose File functionsPhoto Feature Drag and Drop or Choose File functions

While at the Add Photo page depicted above, you'll note size and placement options on the right side of your screen.

Hope this helps. Post those gorgeous photos and have fun!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Contributor

OMG.  It was supposed to be a great evening.   Stupid autocorrect. Haha

I'm Carolyn, living in Houston TX since 1997.  It's super hot here right now, but we have gorgeous spring and fall seasons. 

Contributor

Hi All, Lee Ann here, living in Tennessee and loving it, originally from New England (brrr!). I'm a self-employed book editor, ballroom instructor, and dog sitter. Political activist since August 2016. Centrist. Vegan. Looking for new friends.

Regular Contributor

I'm Julie from Santa Monica , California a newbie at AARP

JMD

Hi My name is Dawn from Iowa

WELCOME Lee Ann,

YOU are a woman with many hats! I am Nancy, from New Jersey. I have a daughter who is ALSO vegan.

While Aarp did change my name to Social BUTTERFLY. So why not Greet Everyone!!

Contributor

New to this and checking it out. I'm from Florida but living in Kansas. Just wanted to get started.
Ziggy

Hello Ziggy,

Big WELCOME from New Jersey!!

Contributor

Thanks so much for the welcome. Are you the official greeter?

Ziggy
Contributor

Welcome I'm a Newbie too . I'm Carla from Kentucky 

COB

A BIG WELCOME Carla,

Greetings from New Jersey. HOPE.you have a Happy And Safe  4'th. Nancy

AHoy Jack,

I am Nancy. I live in Eatontown NJ. I have 2 dogs. However, one might find up to 4 dogs over here. One dog is in the process of becoming a Pitbull ambassador. I have a daughter who attends Rutgers University, in NEW Brunswick. I HOPE you enjoy the AARP Community. Try to find posts by EPSTER, POSTS ARE A GREAT READ. ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND. PLEASE DON'T VISIT DAVEY JONES'S LOCKER

Regular Contributor

Ahoy everyone.

If this "reply" is in the wrong place, forgive me. This is my 1st post, I just joined this site. Have been in AARP for 11 yrs now. I really don't get how this works. If I'm lucky enough to find my way back again, someone please point me in the right direction of how this works.

I'm a pirate, live on the Centrol OR Coast, and the group of us pirates are going to be in our local 4th/July parade to advertise our 12th Annual Pirate Treasure Hunt, on Aug 5, In Depoe Bay, OR.

If anyone is able to make it -- Come One, Come All!

I live quietly with my wife, and 2 cats -- although not so quiet when the cats mix it up, lol.

Hope to make some friends here. Happy 4th to all.

Jack.

Trusted Contributor

Jack, I responded to you, but not sure it went to you! Very confusing site indeed! Bandon, OR is one of my favorite places and when I went I was told they actually filmed a Budweiser commercial there on the beach near face rock - horses and all. It also had a cranberry mill! Pirates mate, aswsome - hope you had a wonderful time - wish I could have made it, live in the middle of the USA now though! Take care, Susie 

Trusted Contributor

Enjoy and welcome! Being an ex-Cali girl, I've been to Oregon many times. Especially loved Bandon on the cliffs! I visited Roseberg about 3 years ago but didn't get to see to much on that very strange visit! I certainly miss the west coast and all the wonderful food. The meme in my head is , "California Girl Stuck in an Arkansas World." Because once you leave, there's not enough money to move all the way back! 

@SusieC51 wrote:

Enjoy and welcome! Being an ex-Cali girl, I've been to Oregon many times. Especially loved Bandon on the cliffs! I visited Roseberg about 3 years ago but didn't get to see to much on that very strange visit! I certainly miss the west coast and all the wonderful food. The meme in my head is , "California Girl Stuck in an Arkansas World." Because once you leave, there's not enough money to move all the way back! 

@SusieC51 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Cool and lovely invite! Wish I was on the other coast!

~SL
Trusted Contributor

The coast of NC is so nice that I used to fly from SD each year to go there! The water and beaches are so much cleaner and void of crowds of unruly people. And, so much culture and history (i.e. Wright's Beach, Nags Head & the lighthouse, which about killed my daughter and I walking up all those stairs)! Lake Lure (where Dirty Dancing was filmed) and Chimney Rock - also made that hike, near Hendersonville! So much to do and see! Enjoy, Susie

Regular Contributor

Sheila here!  Winston-Salem, NC.

I love sunshine, my kid, my dog, my job, veggie gardens, farmer's markets, reading, movies, plays, opera, and knitting poorly.

~SL
Trusted Contributor

That's where my mother was born, it's a lovely city in a beautiful state! Wish I were there!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP