Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Periodic Contributor

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Hi, I'm Mary. I'm new to these threads but am excited by the opportunities to learn and connect.  I love AARP.  I'm very newly retired, live in the midwest, and there are SO MANY opportunities.

If you want to make connections with me and other Newbies, reply to this thread.  I'm seeing many starting individual threads/topics which will make it difficult to connect, just due to shear volume.

Hope to hear from you

Mary
Kudos
Views
Replies
Contributor

PELL CITY AL JUST OUT SIDE OF BIRMINGHAM AL

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi I'm Julie, new to AARP lives in Glendale, CA

JMD
Trusted Contributor

Mine was stolen, and because the good ole boy police here wouldn't write a stolen report-no insurance $$! Had under 10,000 plus $25,000 in extras along with a new custom paint job. We have BBB here every year, you would enjoy it and riding in the Ozarks! Susie 

Trusted Contributor

Under 10,000 miles & no other agency (iPhone keyboard too small, sorry 😐)!

Conversationalist

@SusieC51  Hi Susie.  On your last post you mention something being stolen.  I am wondering what it was.  Bummer about no police report. Is there another agency in the state who you could report it to?

Good luck on that.    That would be a hard lost.

Trusted Contributor

First: 1200 Sportster CLL

Second: $1,000,000 in jewelry

Anothet agency here - no, all the same. Good ole boys club with power issues, shoot first - ask questions never! 

Contributor

Hello, I am Angie and existed to really take advantage of all that a AARP has to offer. I have been a member of AARP for several years and just recently started this new chapter in my life called retired from day to day, 8 to 5ish but not ready to completely sit under a shade tree in North Carolina, especially with the pollen. 

I am am looking forward to sharing on the community site and perhaps meet some new people. 

Grateful for for this day. Decluttering and exploring new, creative ventures. 

Have an Awesome Day!!!

Caregiving for the Soul
Trusted Contributor

11 or more generations from NC - go to the Outer Banks, it's a must!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We go to the Outer Banks every Sept (rental rates are cheaper and the weather is still gorgoeus. Hope to meet some folks who post on this site this year. Just joined AARP.

Trusted Contributor

Wish I could make it this year! Not driving that far alone with no GPS or map reader with me! Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello to all. I'm logging in for the 1st time. I'm retired now. I'm in San Marcos, Texas. Anyone else from this area of TX.?  I'll check back.  

Mary Zeravica
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

G'morning from NYC.   I'm new on here.   Just retired three months ago....am single....so I am trying to adjust to lifestyle with less money and more time..  : )        Being here in nyc, there is much to offer to keep me busy, but thus far I find myself relying heavily on my local neighborhood library for cost-free entertainment.    I've rediscovered my love of books ....and movies...         I enjoy traveling and try to get out to Calif at least once or twice a year.   The national parks are calling me for sure!  

Off for a cup of joe now, so I'll catch up w/you guys tomorrow.

Enjoy this glorious day!

Jan

Regular Contributor

Hi I'm Julie from Glendale, CA new to AARP love to travel

JMD
Conversationalist

@j518945m   Welcome to retirement!  I was on here years ago, and then just sort of rediscoved the site again in the past month or two. It's a nice resource. Traveling to all the national parks in the lower 48 within the system was part of my bucket list when I bought my RV. I never made it to them all, my brain and desire was making plans that my energy level could not live up to.

I too am single and found that living in a small college town in NM gave me some great entertainment opportunities and at a very resonable rate.  Then after 15 years I wanted to move back up north to spend more time with quickly growning grandkids and make it easier for my sons and their families to all get together. 

Getting used to the layout and how things work on here can take a while.  Stay with it.

Trusted Contributor

Rainbows to you from Colorado springs.

I love being a Grandma and Volunteering at my church.

I enjoy singing with and painting with my Grands.

They are delightful !

I enjoy all the moments with them.

Time is moving too fast.

I drink tea. I have found a tea that tastes like coffee.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Love your post and picture. RAIN Bows back!!

I am Cval- live in Maryland.I have taught all levels of public school and will retire next year.

I'm interested in discussing books, technology, gardening, and traveling.

Regular Contributor

Hello I'm Julie from Glendale, CA l also enjoy traveling 

JMD
Conversationalist

I'm an avid reader too. I just finished reading "The Circle" by Dave Eggers. I wanted to read it before seeing the movie. I've decided that I will go see the movie. The idea of Tom Hanks being the "heavy" had me thinking twice about it. Plus I wasn't sure about the psychological aspect of the thriller. I am kind of a techy type, having done tech support before it all moved to India, so that part of it had me fascinated.

I am a teacher who has taught all levels and will retire next year.

Hello everyone, my name is Doris and i live in Las Vegas Nv.

Married for 10 years.we are both hopeing to retire in 10 years.

Gold Conversationalist

Welcome Doris!
Contributor

Hello,

I am a newbie.  I live and work in beautiful Northern Michigan.  I hope to travel more and soon.  Short on time now, but hope to return and fill in more details.  I am a RN who currently works for the State of Michigan in a good job.  I am a blessed person and my life is also blessed.  I wasn't aware there was a social network here on AARP and Ilook forward to what it may bring.

Renee

Renee E. Cummins
Regular Contributor

I like to travel too!!! I'm Julie from Glendale , CA 

JMD
Trusted Contributor

I believe most of on here have that in common, loving to travel! Just wish I could to do it. And, my dogs would think that I had abandoned them! I just keep dreaming of staying in a beach house every summer, biking around, eating seafood and walking on the beach! That's the dream anyway!

Periodic Contributor

Never say never about getting to the beach!!

Greetings Roxie,

So true Beachs ROCK, I have lived by one my whole life. Location, location, location!!

' ''' ''Nancy

Contributor

Another newbie knocking at the door.  Still trying to figure out this site.

Regular Contributor

Hi I'm Julie also a newbie from Calfornia🤗🤗🤗🤗

JMD

WELCOME,

To all!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP