Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Periodic Contributor

Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Hi, I'm Mary. I'm new to these threads but am excited by the opportunities to learn and connect.  I love AARP.  I'm very newly retired, live in the midwest, and there are SO MANY opportunities.

If you want to make connections with me and other Newbies, reply to this thread.  I'm seeing many starting individual threads/topics which will make it difficult to connect, just due to shear volume.

Hope to hear from you

Mary
Kudos
Views
Replies
Recognized Social Butterfly

HI I.am Nancy, I.live in.Shrewsbury, NJ. I.love to travel, and attend cultural places.
Contributor

Hi Noobs,

I am new here, too. My Name is Suga and I live in South Carolina.

Regular Contributor

New here and from NC! ๐Ÿ˜Š
~SL
Recognized Social Butterfly

WELCOME DORIS,

Hope you enjoy all the advantage s being an AARP. membership.

Regular Contributor

What are you favorite benefits?
~SL
Contributor

Hello everyone! My name is Marie and I am a newbie, although I have been an AARP member for 9 years. I have been divorced for almost 10 years. I have 3 grown daughters, 7 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. Last but not least, is my 12 year old cat, Muffin Man. I hope to meet new friends on here. 

Marie C
Regular Contributor

Hello, Marie!
New member, new to community! 24-year old son, divorced for 4 years, 15-year old dog that owns me!
~SL
Trusted Contributor

Marie, I would prefer NC than where I picked - it was actually my first choice so I could get to the Outer Banks faster! While I was not born there, my entire family (13 or more generations) was! It's beautiful, the food is amazing and the people have manners!

Regular Contributor

Hi Marie, I'm Julie with 3grown children and 20 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren!!! I love to travel .....I live in Glendale, California

JMD
Contributor

Hi All,

My name is Jane, my husband and I live in Colorado, we are natives of Maine.  I came to Colorado in 2010 and also began and educational journey that so far has earned me a master's in Human Services. I am also in school to earn my BCBA, I need to find a BCBA supervisor certified, to help me achieve my goal.  If anyone is interested let me know.  I work in a charter school that serves At-Risk Teens, love my job, as a Paraprofession.

I am also a grandma of 4 girls and one boy, I will also adopt another boy and girl in November when my daughter marrys a wonderful man.  My daughter lives in Colorado with me and I have a son that lives in Germany that I have not seen for over 3 years.

Contributor

Greetings,

My name is William A. Wetzel and I promised to join AARP to my mom years ago before she died. I finally made good on it. I hope to meet good friends here.

William A. Wetzel
Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Welcome to AARP I'm Julie from Glendale, CA

JMD
Regular Contributor

Welcome to AARP

JMD
Regular Contributor

Welcome to AARP!!! I just joined myself today. I'm Julie from Glendale, California a retired government employee ... love to travel!!!

JMD
Trusted Contributor

Hi William! When I saw your name I had to respond, my best friends fathers name was William Weitzel! Welcome to the Newbie site! 

Hi, I'm Kathy and new to computer and just registered on site, though been with AARP 10+ yes. Hi everyone. Hope I'm doing this right ....

Regular Contributor

Hi I'm Julie

JMD

Hello from California. Just joined AARP, considered NEWBIE. Hope we can connect.........Mari

Gold Conversationalist

Welcome Mari!
Trusted Contributor

Hi Mari - welcome to the group! I am not really good with all this tech stuff (iPhone, computers, streaming) - things have certainly changed over the years & I just can't keep up. My grandson is a wiz but won't help because he has no patience with us older peeps! I just shake my head and think someday this will be happening to him, too bad I won't be around to laugh!

Hello from Oklahoma I,m new so I apologize if I make a mistake. Thank you AARP for looking out for seniors,( Times they are changing ) as the old song goes so heres to a good year.

Regular Contributor

Hi I'm Julie from Glendale, CA also newbie in AARP

JMD
Kudos
Views
Contributor

Hello to all here on AARP,

Hope all is well and going good for everyone today.

I'm not new to AARP but I am to the communities that we have here.

I"m married and have been for 21 years to a great lady.

Looking forward to to talking and meeting other's here.

Happy Father's Day and as always make it a great day!

0 Kudos

Hello All...  Just signed on today.  I'm Ed and I'm from San Jose.  Happy Father's Day tomorrow to all the Daddio's out there!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Edward Cefalu
Regular Contributor

Hello I'm Julie I'm new to AARP

JMD

Hi Ed, San Jose, Ca.? I'm in San Diego, Ca. just signed on as well. Have a great day......Mari

Regular Contributor

Hi I'm Julie from Glendale, CA

JMD
Trusted Contributor

Hey, I am from San Diego and sure miss it, especially the food and beach! No matter that I now live in Arkansas, I will always be a Cali girl! 

Periodic Contributor

Hello everyone. I am Kelly From Texas. I am new to AARP.

Regular Contributor

Hi I'm Julie from Glendale, California

JMD
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP