Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Conversationalist

Re: Calling all NEWBIES. ... Let's introduce our selves! Use this thread.

Message 181 of 210 (888 Views)

Hi Mike,

Seems like you enjoy the fun things in life.....I only scuba dived once in my life when I was in Key West on vacation years ago. I loved every minute of it and didn't want to leave that day. The more posts that I read on this site the more I realize how many of us want to move to a warmer state...lol. I guess as we get older our bones just can't take the cold anymore. I'm so done with winter and snow... if I could move tomorrow I would! 

christine

siciliangal (christine)
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 182 of 210 (820 Views)

Hi Theresa,

Wow...we have a rock star amongst us! What a wonderful, exciting life to have filled with music. I always wanted to be a member of a group growing up....in fact when I was much, much younger, my brother and a few of my childhood friends started a band in our basement! Even though we had all of the best instruments and practiced everyday........ man were we horrible...lol! I admire anyone who dedicates their time and puts in the hard work to become a musician! Bravo to you Theresa!

christine

siciliangal (christine)
Info Seeker

Message 183 of 210 (817 Views)

Hello everyone, my name is Doris and i live in Las Vegas Nv.

Married for 10 years.we are both hopeing to retire in 10 years.

Info Seeker

Message 184 of 210 (841 Views)

Hello,

I am a newbie.  I live and work in beautiful Northern Michigan.  I hope to travel more and soon.  Short on time now, but hope to return and fill in more details.  I am a RN who currently works for the State of Michigan in a good job.  I am a blessed person and my life is also blessed.  I wasn't aware there was a social network here on AARP and Ilook forward to what it may bring.

Renee

Renee E. Cummins
Info Seeker

Message 185 of 210 (826 Views)

I agree come south for the the winter and go back and stay with the kids in the summer

Info Seeker

Message 186 of 210 (813 Views)

Hello, 

I used to live in Chicago I have been retired a few years and moved to Florida, This nice weather or yours is short lived, too many cold ones. My children and grandchildren all still live in the Chicago area and I was worried about missing them when I moved i still keep in touch with email & phone calls like I did when I lived near them, truth is they all work still so we were not getting together as much. I go back in the summer and stay with one of them and visit for a couple of months, The warmer weather is easer on my joints and housing taxes are a lot lower.

Info Seeker

Message 187 of 210 (827 Views)

Hello! My name is Karen, I live in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, I am early retired. Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 188 of 210 (830 Views)

Hello from New England (YAY PATRIOTS!!!). My name is Theresa. I have been a member for 5 years, but I am a “newbie” to the community blog. I am 55 years old and have been a singer in rock bands since age 13. I play guitar and piano and I am going to attempt to learn to play the fiddle. (My neighbors might not appreciate it, LOL!). I’ve been playing piano since age 4, and playing guitar since age 13. My parents encouraged me and my six siblings to grow in what we loved and made us happy. Music was and will always be my passion.

My hometown in Massachusetts is the oldest working fishing port in the country. The beaches are breathtaking and tourists come from all over the world to soak in the scenery.

I joined AARP when I turned 50 and on my 50th birthday I went skydiving. I plan on doing it again. Every birthday since my 50th I have partaken in something thrilling. Life is too short to be boring.

I will share one opinion about AARP to new members: The benefits that AARP provides are opportunities to help make choices in life trouble-free.

Have a wonderful, music-filled day everyone! Smiley Very Happy

Theresa

Conversationalist

Message 189 of 210 (720 Views)

Hello fellow Chicagoan....My name is christine and I am in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. I also have been contemplating about moving to a warmer climate the past few years. But, I must say that the last few days we've had some unbelievable temperatures! Can't remember the last time we had 60-70 degree weather in February! If every winter was like this it might be worth sticking around....but we both know that next week it will probably go back to 10-20 degrees...lol. I myself just turned 60 yrs young and my lifelong dream has been to live in a nice, quiet, comfy house right on the beach....nice dream huh?  

What kind of dogs do you have?

siciliangal (christine)
Info Seeker

Message 190 of 210 (714 Views)

Hello,

Newly 50 and joined AARP on my parents recommendation. I am still actively working and will be for the next 10 years. I live with my wife in Columbia MD. I like to ski, scuba dive, travel, drink wine, and eat good food. Look forward to retiring and moving south, though not sure exactly where. Ideally a red state.

Mike