Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Age.

Message 1 of 7 (73 Views)
That's a good question Karen....why are you so upset?
Info Seeker +

Message 2 of 7 (79 Views)

50?  Ah, you're just a kid.  Don't worry, 64 doesn't feel much different.  Enjoy every age!

Colleen 

Colleen
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 7 (112 Views)

k793737m wrote:

Age is just a number, right?  Then why am I so upset I just turned 50?! 

As they say, time stops for no one but you can use these milestones to sit down and think about what you have done so far and what you still want to do... then go do it!  Best wishes!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 7 (142 Views)

k793737m wrote:

@k793737m  A hearty hello and a big fat welcome to the online community! I wasn't expected to live past age 18, so I jumped into each milestone as early as I could, calling myself 30 when I was 29 and so on. (I'm so much weirder than even that reveals, believe me! Smiley Happy)

But I get that dread of which you speak. I do. Here's an idea for an aging dread quick fix; go to a senior games event. You do not have to participate, but do talk with the oldest athletes you can find. They will prove to you that age is only a number. Then watch them go! Smiley Happy

And next year, participate. You'll learn exactly how to make aging work beautifully for you! Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Silver Conversationalist

Message 5 of 7 (181 Views)

Don't sweat it.  I'm 65 and that's just a number to me.  It only means I'm not dead yet.

In other words, when I hit 65 it just meant that I made it TO 65, and frankly, I never thought I would have made it to 40 (a lot of us city boys in the 1960's burned the candle at both ends).  Just enjoy being 50.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 7 (199 Views)

@k793737m - How did you feel when you turned 30, and then 40? Do milestones like that bother you in general? Are family or friends teasing you about it? What else is going on in your life; might that be bothering you as much as turning 50?

Last month I turned 65; I sure don't feel it! I also went thru the processes of applying for Medicare & switching over insurance, and applying for pensions from 2 companies from which I worked. You'd think that turning 65 would make all of those automatic .. since the government & both companies have known I'd be 65 for a very long time already! That makes turning 50 a real piece of cake, in retrospect!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

Age.

Message 7 of 7 (217 Views)

Karen