Are You Ready for the Next Natural Disaster? AARP Live Can Help You Get Prepared Tonight at 10 p.m. Watch here

Info Seeker

Re: What is your favorite cookie?

Message 61 of 69 (922 Views)

I would have to say that oatmeal chocolate chip and toffee chocolate chip are one of my two top cookies.  I do have to say that all cookies are great!  My nick name growing up was cookie monster.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 69 (1,020 Views)

I never met a cookie I didn’t like. But if I had to choose just one as a favorite let it be peanut butter.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 63 of 69 (1,052 Views)

Here's how we have our health and cookies too: train like senior athletes. We ride over 350 miles per month on our recumbent trikes and walk 4.8 miles 3-4 times a week, and get in 45 minutes on the mini-trampoline (rebounder) 2-3 times a week and lift weights 2-3 times a week.

We don't eat cookies often (perhaps every six months), but when we do they are usually Fig Newtons or Gingersnaps. Once in a great while we'll buy a package of Milanos or Pirouettes.

The key is moderation and balance. 

If good health is important to you, giggle at Cookie Monster, but don't follow his example, OK? Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 64 of 69 (1,078 Views)

@g28834s - That's "old think" in my book, that people need sugar/food to sooth their souls .. I'd rather do something fun & healthy.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Gold Conversationalist

Message 65 of 69 (1,065 Views)

"How do cookies relate to "healthy living"?"

They soothe the soul. 'specially me dear ol' mum's molasses cookies. That's healthy enough for me.

Message 66 of 69 (929 Views)

How do cookies relate to "healthy living"?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Regular Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 67 of 69 (853 Views)

What a great tradition, and even coming from an American-Italian family, haven't heard of taking a box of cookies home (although that always happened at christenings, weddings, wakes).

Not a cookie person, I have to say recently found Oreo brownies @ 99 cent stores and they, while not technically "cookie", are pretty awesome!

Great topic; thanks for posting!

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 68 of 69 (854 Views)

"Old fashioned" oatmeal with raisins.  I'm not big on chocolate anything.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Community Manager

What is your favorite cookie?

Message 69 of 69 (794 Views)

I went to a wedding recently and the family tradition was that everyone brought a tray of cookies, then all were able to box a variety of homemade cookies to take home.  It got me thinking - what is my favorite, such a hard choice but it has to have some chocolate to be a top contender.  What's your favorite cookies?

AARPTeri