Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: What is your favorite cookie?

[ Edited ]
Message 91 of 97 (1,375 Views)

Here's how we have our health and cookies too: train like senior athletes. We ride over 350 miles per month on our recumbent trikes and walk 4.8 miles 3-4 times a week, and get in 45 minutes on the mini-trampoline (rebounder) 2-3 times a week and lift weights 2-3 times a week.

We don't eat cookies often (perhaps every six months), but when we do they are usually Fig Newtons or Gingersnaps. Once in a great while we'll buy a package of Milanos or Pirouettes.

The key is moderation and balance. 

If good health is important to you, giggle at Cookie Monster, but don't follow his example, OK? Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 92 of 97 (1,351 Views)

@g28834s - That's "old think" in my book, that people need sugar/food to sooth their souls .. I'd rather do something fun & healthy.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Gold Conversationalist

Message 93 of 97 (1,339 Views)

"How do cookies relate to "healthy living"?"

They soothe the soul. 'specially me dear ol' mum's molasses cookies. That's healthy enough for me.

Message 94 of 97 (1,203 Views)

How do cookies relate to "healthy living"?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Regular Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 95 of 97 (1,088 Views)

What a great tradition, and even coming from an American-Italian family, haven't heard of taking a box of cookies home (although that always happened at christenings, weddings, wakes).

Not a cookie person, I have to say recently found Oreo brownies @ 99 cent stores and they, while not technically "cookie", are pretty awesome!

Great topic; thanks for posting!

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 96 of 97 (1,085 Views)

"Old fashioned" oatmeal with raisins.  I'm not big on chocolate anything.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Community Manager

What is your favorite cookie?

Message 97 of 97 (952 Views)

I went to a wedding recently and the family tradition was that everyone brought a tray of cookies, then all were able to box a variety of homemade cookies to take home.  It got me thinking - what is my favorite, such a hard choice but it has to have some chocolate to be a top contender.  What's your favorite cookies?

AARPTeri