Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What is your favorite cookie?

I went to a wedding recently and the family tradition was that everyone brought a tray of cookies, then all were able to box a variety of homemade cookies to take home.  It got me thinking - what is my favorite, such a hard choice but it has to have some chocolate to be a top contender.  What's your favorite cookies?

AARPTeri
Contributor

The local furniture store has a s'more cookie that's pretty good.

Contributor

Hard question to answer.  My paternal grandmother made these over-the-top molasses cookies that we grandchildren would sit in front of the oven to wait for.....and when they arrived Gran plopped a huge cube of butter on the top of each one.  My maternal grandmother made a cookie that no one would eat unless under gun point - some refrigerator sugar cookie with candied fruit that tasted awful. No one waited in front of the refrigerator for that one. However, her mother, my great grandmother Edye made a cookie called Chocolate Jumbles - a ginger infused chocolate cookie with hard vanilla icing. Heavenly.  For my own family, though, a rather traditional oatmeal cookie with raisins and cranberries is our go-to cookie.

Periodic Contributor

Chocolate Chip - no nuts!

Conversationalist

I like different flavors of Fig Newtons. Fruited cookies and shortbread cookies are usually low fat, by design, not by artificial means.

Contributor

My favorite cookie is lemon Lavender .   The smell alone is all about spring.  Love the combination of both so fresh and light.  

Bronze Conversationalist

@sweetiepie69 Lemon lavender cookies sound delicious and I could use the lavender from my garden. Will you please share the recipe? Thanks.
Periodic Contributor

My favorite cookie is Chocolate Chip.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Oatmeal cookie recipe from my 1950s cookbook (a gift from my mother who'd had hers for decades).   I use brown sugar instead of white, and add softened raisins and chopped walnuts.  When the kids were about to miss the bus, I'd give each of them one of these 3" beauties and consider it "walking oatmeal". 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Oatmeal oatmeal and raisin

@AARPTeri wrote:

I went to a wedding recently and the family tradition was that everyone brought a tray of cookies, then all were able to box a variety of homemade cookies to take home.  It got me thinking - what is my favorite, such a hard choice but it has to have some chocolate to be a top contender.  What's your favorite cookie?

@AARPTeri wrote:

I went to a wedding recently and the family tradition was that everyone brought a tray of cookies, then all were able to box a variety of homemade cookies to take home.  It got me thinking - what is my favorite, such a hard choice but it has to have some chocolate to be a top contender.  What's your favorite cookies?

Nutter Butter Wafer.

Chocolate chip

0 Kudos
Contributor

Oatmeal Raisin

0 Kudos
Contributor

Cow Patties

0 Kudos

No Bakes

0 Kudos

Lemon creme cookies

Old fashioned Molasses......nothing better to dip in milk.  It's right up there with Chocolate Chip....

Recognized Social Butterfly

All of the girl scout cookies rock. The package have gotten smaller, but they are still a fav.

chunky chocolate chip

Honored Social Butterfly

I would be willing to taste test all of these. LOL

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
Contributor

White Chocolate Macademia Nut

Honored Social Butterfly

@DottieStowe wrote:

White Chocolate Macademia Nut

@DottieStowe  Oh yes. These are good!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Oatmeal raisin with walnuts

Regular Contributor

Favorite cookie is Oatmeal Raisian.

Contributor

My all time favorite homemade cookie is a walnut chocolate chip. I use a semi sweet chip and leave the walnuts about the same size. They are so good, I pull them out a little early so they are nice and chewy. Are a family favorite. 

Ann C Kellerman

Walnut chocolate chip cookies my favorite too

White Chocolate chip and oatmeal

Kudos
Views

My homemade crunchy gingersnaps! Love them hot, soft and delicious straight out of the oven, but I prefer them best after they've colled and are cruncy! Can't just eat 1 or two, so I only bake 6 at a time!  Grandchildren and nieces and nephews love them also!  My daughter uses them to make crust for her homemade cheesecakes instead of store bought graham crackers!

Contributor

Frosted sugar cookies!

Contributor

Sugar Cookie, soft and chewy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP