Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What is your favorite cookie?

I went to a wedding recently and the family tradition was that everyone brought a tray of cookies, then all were able to box a variety of homemade cookies to take home.  It got me thinking - what is my favorite, such a hard choice but it has to have some chocolate to be a top contender.  What's your favorite cookies?

AARPTeri

Chocolate chip with nuts

You nailed it -chacolate chips with nuts

Monster cookies

Contributor

Snickerdoodle 

Molasses - chewy and rich

Contributor

Chocolate chip

Contributor

Has to be peanutbutter.

I don't eat cookies very often but when I do I like to make sure it is one that I will really enjoy. Oatmeal with white choclate, craisins and walnuts. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@c839268s wrote:

I don't eat cookies very often but when I do I like to make sure it is one that I will really enjoy. Oatmeal with white choclate, craisins and walnuts. 

Wow  that sounds good!  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos

Chocolate chip

Social Butterfly

Oatmeal walnut.... I tell myself they are healthy for me 😮 )

Super Contributor

Oatmeal & walnuts are good for you. Just disregard that other stuff. 😄

I'm a baker and I like to bake all sorts of cookies but my favorite is cream cheese sugar cookie.

Mine too!

Contributor

Chocolate Chips with a lot of chips and nuts

Contributor

yes
0 Kudos

I love homemade Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies !  Second best are Mexican Wedding cookies !  Yum !!

Molasses spice

Periodic Contributor

Chocolate chip, hands down!!! Sans nuts.

Contributor

oatmealwith raisin

chocolate chip

Periodic Contributor

I have two.  Snicker doodles and Mexican Wedding Cakes.

Any peanut butter and chocolate

Periodic Contributor

I have two.  Snicker doodles and Mexican Wedding Cakes.

Conversationalist

Chocolate chunck cookies, the soft ones. Keebler fudge sandwich cookies. Boy do I miss the chocolate fudge sammie cookies that Sunshine used to make!

Periodic Contributor

Homemade snickerdoodles!

Husband: homemade soft oatmeal raisin.

wife: homemade double chocolate chip peanut butter!

Super Contributor

I love any soft, moist cookie that does not have raisins.  It would be hard to pick just one favorite, but it would probably be snickerdoodles, or plain sugar cookies.  When I make oatmeal cookies I use dried cranberries instead of raisins.  They're deelicious!  I'm hungry.  Gonna go make some cookies!

Contributor

When I was in my early teens my brother would come pick me up and take me to his house a couple cities away. My sister in law would make THEE very best oatmeal raisin cookies I had ever eaten. These cookies were so moist and delicious it was unbelievable. She never did give me the recipe even though I asked several times. To all the people who's favorite cookie is store bought, I really feel bad for you. Never in my life of 61yrs have I ever bought something from the store that was better than I could make at home. Like many other posters, it's tough to pick just one, but these special oatmeal raisin are the best. Even though it was 45 yrs ago I can still taste them. Mmm!   Jim, Ohio

Honored Social Butterfly

@jc93014263 wrote:

To all the people who's favorite cookie is store bought, I really feel bad for you. Never in my life of 61yrs have I ever bought something from the store that was better than I could make at home. 

@jc93014263  Jim, I didn't mention Pepperidge Farms cookies because they are the best of the best, but because I can buy a pkg of what 8-10?, and not end up with dozens in my freezer calling my name. 🙂

I make a shortbread that is out of this world. Chocolate chip, butterscotch, oatmeal and peanut butter cookies as well. I just choose not to. For health reasons we don't want a fresh batch of cookies in the house, much less a few dozen cookies in the freezer. 🙂  

DH and I, senior athletes intent upon improving our weight to power ratios, have lost 70 pounds (combined) in the last 3ish years. We aim to keep off that weight and also to keep the health gains from having jettisoned unnecessary pounds. Which means verrrrrrrry few cookies. 🙂

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP